Monday, July 9, 2012

I. LOVE. LIFE.

That pretty much is it. I really do just love my life right now. I have my amazing family, my fantastic friends, my inspired calling, my super fun job, my many opportunities, and if that's not enough, I feel like I am happy all the time and everything is going the way it's supposed to!
After having a bummer week last weekend, this is a big step for me! ;)
Last week I was just having a rough time emotionally. I couldn't seem to keep control of the million thoughts that were constantly running through my head. Every movie I watched, including an episode of Psych, I would find myself forcing myself to hold back tears. It's Psych. Really. That's just pathetic. I just felt really sad, and was feeling bad for myself. Not a good place to be in. I felt like my mom was mad at me all the time, I felt like I was being a crappy sister, and I was missing my dad more than ever. So Saturday, after I had a big meltdown in my closet after watching Dear John, I had a feeling that I should just go and talk to my mom.
Of course, who would have guessed, that made everything better. We talked about my life, and how I felt like her and I weren't getting along, and how I felt like something was missing in my life, and how I was emotional; then I told her about friend problems and how I was worrying about my future and yada yada yada. It was just a big sob story. We talked for a while, and she told me what I needed to do, and what I needed to hear. I felt so much better! I literally felt like I could conquer the world. Talking to your mom does that to ya sometimes. ;)
I then talked to my Heavenly Father for a while, just like he was sitting right there next to me. He's my best friend, and he deserves to know a lot more about my life then I tell him. So I spilled the beans. Then next thing I know I feel 100% happy. I felt like I didn't have a care in the world. The main thing emotionally that had been killing me was, of course, not having a man in my life. I would complain about it to my mom and friends. That, was getting me no where. I knew that. But I finally just came to grips that I needed to move on and stop moaning about it. My mom helped me that most with that by telling me that my cousins who went on missions both have amazing husbands, and they are just amazing people all around. That really turned everything around for me. I knew that of course, but this time it hit me like a punch in the face. Now I know that all I really want to do right now is go on a mission. So I should be preparing for that, and marriage will come later! Whew. Man. I feel so much better. I can't even explain! I feel like someone just lifted a giant hot dog off my shoulders and stuck a giant stick in my ear to clear my brain of all the things I was thinking (don't ask- that's just how I feel....).
Heavenly Father cares so much about us. He used my mom to help me. He didn't give me the answers, he didn't give me what I wanted, he just gave me what I needed. Peace of mind and my mom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...