Friday, July 20, 2012

Joseph Smith

I have been meaning to write in my blog FOREVER! I've just been so busy with work and vacations I haven't even had time! So, I had to make a little note in my phone about what I wanted to write about! Be prepared for updates! 

One of my favorite things to do is just sit down and play the hymns. It relaxes me and for some odd reason! I just love it a lot! I can play most of the well known hymns now and it excites me because now I may even be able to play for church a little if they needed me :) But I was sitting playing one of my favorite songs- "Joseph Smith's first prayer." As I played I sang the words out loud to myself and really thought about them. Then I had this overwhelming feeling of joy. I couldn't help from smiling. The spirit was unbelievably strong and it was surrounding me like a big giant hug! I knew with all my heart that the words I was singing were true. Joseph Smith was a true prophet and he did do all of those things that he said he did. I already had a strong testimony of this, but that just shows that there is always room for your testimony to grow, even if you think your testimony is already super strong, it can always grow! :) It was an amazing experience! Then today I was playing Praise to the Man, I have played this song more times than I can count, mainly because I did it for a recital piece and for my pageant, it's one of my favorites and I know it well. But the words "Jesus anointed that prophet and seer" stuck out. I know that he did. Joseph Smith was a man called of God and nothing will ever change that. He was chosen before he came to earth to restore the gospel to this church once more. I can never deny that. I don't know how someone could. The book of mormon is a completely true book and was written for us in this day and age, and the prophet Joseph Smith Junior translated it. 
It's funny to think all of these thoughts came into my mind through 2 little songs. Music is powerful! Imagine what else it can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...