Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Memory #7

This one just came to me as I was reading my patriarchal blessing tonight. I remember the day I received it perfectly. I had fasted all day and was anxious to receive my blessing. I go knock on the patriarchs door, and he answers. Apparently he wasn't expecting it because he was in casual clothes and looked very surprised. I told him who I was and he said ok can you give me like 20min? I just need to prepare. So my mom and dad and I drove around for a little bit just talking and having fun spending time together.
We came back and I remember how strong the spirit was. Their home felt like a temple. We sat down, talked for a bit. He got to know me and my parents. Then I received my blessing. I remember listening to the patriarch and hearing my Heavenly Father through him perfectly. There was something in my blessing that stood out to me... a part talking about how I will teach and lead others. As we were getting into the car I told my mom and dad that meant I was supposed to serve a mission. They both agreed and explained that things can have many different meanings and we may not see them until we are right in the middle.
It's funny to look back and see that even me as a little weird 15 year old listened to the spirit and I knew what I was supposed to do. I have thought of that moment a lot, especially when I read my blessing. I always thought that I would get married before I had that opportunity, or that I was just being crazy when I thought that I could serve a mission. Well folks. Here I am, preparing to serve, and I couldn't be happier. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...