Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tampa Florida!

I have received my mission call to Tampa Florida, English Speaking (thank goodness), and I'm leaving April 3rd!!!!!!!!!!
You have no idea how long I have waited for this day! I went to the temple this morning, just so I could feel close to my Savior and do some service. It was fun because I was the only one there besides this other woman. She had some family names and she let me do some! I was honored! I got dunked (that so says DUNKED, not DRUNKED...) 10 times... now I know why they only do 5! 10 is quite a lot!!! I felt the spirit so strongly and couldn't help but cry on my way there and back. My Heavenly Father loves me so much and I could just feel my heart overflowing with that peace and love. I always listen to church music/talks/podcasts/books in the car, so I listened to the Called to Serve CD by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on my way to and from the temple. That really got me. Mainly because I knew I was going to get my call today.



Here's the funny part. Karly came home from school to go to the dentist. So when I got home from the temple she was the only one home. I had her play me a song on the piano and sing. While she was I was sitting on our chair in the front room that is right by the window. I get a text from my best friends mom (Cindy Gocken) that says- "The mail is here!" I immediately whip my head around to see the mail man pulling up to our house! I screamed "THE MAILMAN IS HERE!" We both jump, up and literally start jumping up and down! We watched him put what looked like a big white envelope in! We were SO excited! We screamed for a couple seconds and she was like- "Let's go get it!" I told her I didn't want to because I was scared it wouldn't be there. I told her to go and get it. Right as the mailman drove off she ran out there. She grabbed it all and then looked up and me with the biggest grin ever! I yelled- "Is it there!????!!!!" She screams- "YES!" Then for about a minute straight we jumped up and down screaming! I started texting everybody and freaking out. It was the best moment ever. I'm so glad she got to share it with me!
I waited to open it till 6:30 when Karly would get home. She didn't end up getting home till about 6:50. The wait was hard- but I had prayed that I would be calm and patient, and boy was I! Especially compared to my family! I only invited my Grandmas and Danny. I have too much family to invite them all or to just pick some. They can all come to the farewell :)
I didn't even cry when I opened it though! That was miracle! I just couldn't stop smiling! It was the greatest feeling EVER!

If you don't read anything in this post you have to read this-

We had been playing pranks on each other all day. Ashley came up while I was doing my hair and said that Nick had opened my mission call. I believed her and was beyond ticked. I just said- "Well, whatever!" Then my mom had a white envelope from the insurance company and I came downstairs and Daxton hid it under the table I grabbed it and it was opened! Again- I was ticked! I just told them they were stupid (I was so mad) and took it in the other room. Then I looked at it. OH man. SO NOT FUNNY GUYS ;)! Then they were planning on playing a joke on Karly with these glasses they had filed for there talent show. But it was 6:00 which was when we were planning on opening it. Everyone was there- except Katelyn (and Karly of course) so we decided that we would call her friend that she was with and tell her (faking) that I was going.... wait for it....... FLORIDA! This is not even a joke. That was the joking place that we made up. Katelyn totally believed it and was pretty mad that we had opened it without her. She rushed home and we told her it was a joke. It was just hilarious when I opened it and it really was FLORIDA!
After words we went to Texas Roadhouse with my grandma, family, and cousin. It was so much fun!

I just know without a doubt that this is where I am supposed to go. I know that there are people that need to hear the gospel in Tampa and I couldn't be more excited to share this great knowledge of the truth with them! I am going to be an instrument in the Lord's hand and I feel so blessed and honored to even have this great privilege. I love this gospel more than anything and I can't wait for it to be my whole life for a year and half! This church is TRUE! I know that! I could never ever deny it!
Thanks to all my family and friends for all the support that you have given me! I love you all!

Ohhhh... and I finished the Book of Mormon for the 4th time tonight! So cool! I didn't even plan it to be on the same day! Last night I realized that I could actually finish it all today and I was stoked! I know that's it's true! I have asked him every time I finish it and I get the same answer every time that it is true! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...