Saturday, February 2, 2013

Christ's Atonement

You know sometimes when people say- "oh, I totally get you" or "yeah, I totally understand."
Really people? 
I just want to scream in their face, NO! YA REALLY DON'T PAL! 
Because.... well... they don't.
There is only one person who can understand you, your feelings and emotions 100% of the time. 
That's it. 
No one else. 
People can get close that's for sure. 
I lost my dad.
Jimmy (no idea who Jimmy is) lost his mom. So he kind of understands. 
Gina (weird name) lost her dad. She understands a little more. 
Ashley (this is a real person in case you still think we were playing that other game) lost her dad, who was also my dad. She probably understands the closest. Mainly because her and I are similar in a lot of ways. But we are also very different. 
See that? Even someone as close to me as Ashley doesn't understand me completely. 
Everybody is so different. 
No two people on this earth are the same. 
So no two people can understand what each other is going through 100% even if they think they can. I'm sorry. That's just not how it works. 
That is why the atonement is so important and had to happen. There are other reasons, but I just love to know, and it gives me comfort to know, that my brother Jesus Christ, knows EXACTLY what I am going through. I can talk to him about it. He can help me through. He really can say, "I know how you feel. I've been there. Let me help you through it because I overcame it." 
He knows.
I know he knows. 
Feeling the power of the atonement in my life has helped my find peace and strength to carry on even in my darkest times. 
And that is why we have it in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...