Saturday, March 16, 2013

This is why I don't read.

I really don't read that much. I am a really fast reader, and can get through a book really quickly. If I'm reading a book, I will usually finish within 3 or 4 days of starting it. It's sort of ridiculous. I get addicted and can't stop. So I never really have a book that I'm reading that's on going, if that makes sense.
So- going with that. I finished a book by Elder Bednar in 3 days. Loved it. It's called- Act in Doctrine. Go get it right now. It's really amazing. Plus, I'm basing some of my farewell talk off of it :)

But I read Hunger Games in one day. I started at about 7:00pm and ended around 5:00am I think.... Ok really I can't remember what time I started or ended, but it was somewhere along those lines. That was a while ago, a little bit before the movie came out. It became one of my favorite books. Probably my favorite. I think the author (I seriously don't even know who it is...) is seriously good, and really hilarious. You might not see it, but she makes Katniss have this super funny sense of humor. As well As Peeta, Haymich, and others. It makes me laugh out loud a LOT!

The second day of our trip I decided to start reading Catching Fire. I couldn't stop. I stayed up till midnight (2 hours later than everyone else) reading it. I finished it the 5th day of our trip after staying up the night before until 2:00. So not super fast, but we were on a trip ;) I laughed so many times and I love how easy it is to read. It's like the author just sat down one day and wrote what was in her brain and it just came out exactly how we see it.

The real reason I really don't read- I get way too into it. I feel like my whole life for a few days is centered around the book and I feel like I'm actually in it, and I WANT to be in it so badly! It's super weird. Even a lot of things that I say reference the book. It's super weird. The feeling is sort of fun, but really awkward I guess...

Anyways, I just love it. I can't wait to get my hands on Mocking Jay! Even though I have plenty of other things to worry about right now...

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously the EXACT same way! I don't usually read books, but I just finished one today and all I've been able to think about the last few days it that book. Now that the book is over, I feel like I'm looking around just waiting for one of the characters to walk through the door and talk to me so we can keep the story going! I'm the same way with TV shows, movies, and everything else. I get so wrapped into it that it's like they are real :) Seriously, Nicole. I'm pretty sure we should be sisters (but I guess cousins will do--ha!) Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! It's so weird and makes my mind hurt.. I think we should be sisters all the time when I read your blog! Haha but I guess that's true, cousins is close enough ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...