Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thee definition of awesome

Would be, the BYU game yesterday.
Aren't we lovely people? 

I dragged Ashley because frankly (weird word that I have never used), I don't get why my family doesn't like to go to the basketball games more. We are huge BYU fans, we are HUGE basketball fans, and we have 4 all sports passes. Weird I know. Let me know when you figure out why this is the case... because I really do not understand. I usually have to beg, plead, cry, and bargain to get them to even one game. You can't go to a basketball game yourself... right?

If you would like to keep reading you will get an update on the game, it's not very exciting... but I would just really love to look back at this epic thing.

Anyways. I took her and then we went with Christina. It was a super fun game. We were doing really good the whole first half. We thought for sure we had it. Then when we started the second half within the first like minute they were caught up. But anyways, at the end we were tied with about 4 seconds left. Tyler Haws then made an A-MAZING basket and we were ahead with 2.4 seconds left. We all screamed and freaked out like we won. Holy cow. It was an awesome moment! SOO exciting! The next thing you know everyone in the crowd does a huge sigh and we are covering our mouths... with 2.4 seconds left St. Mary threw a half court shot... and MADE IT!
Made it.
Guys, they made it....
We all stood in complete shock and awe. They reviewed it and it was real. It wasn't a dream. It sucked. A lot. Huuuuuuuuh. Disappointing. 69-70. But hey, at least we had fun.

Here is what we looked at in the moment. We took these in Christina dorm because we didn't want to get stuck in the Marriot Center forever. Here is the caption that goes with it- "We won! We won! Thank you Tyler Haws! 2 points with 2 seconds left! 69-67! Screamed forever and a half... NO! NO! NO! It was from half court that did NOT go in! Are you kidding me? That NEVER goes in! Go die. Final disappointing score 69-70. We will go cry now. 


 And I did learn something... BYU is where I am supposed to go. I had been seriously considering/thinking about transferring to Utah State when I got home from my mission. I know that's crazy. But I kept thinking that BYU was too hard and stuff. I still don't know what I'm going to do when I get home, but really- it doesn't matter right now!
76 days!
I also learned that you should always listen to the advice of people wiser than you (Ashley).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...