Monday, January 28, 2013

Letter to me

There is a song by Brad Paisley called "Letter to Me." And before I go on, I think you all need to listen to it. It is truly awesome. Here ya go.
But I was listening to it and I was like ok if I could write one of these letters. Number one, it would not be as good as this one. But number two I have no idea what I would actually put in it...

I'd probably say to pay more attention to the road when you are driving Emily's car. I wouldn't mind going back to fix that. I have learned to pay a LOT better attention to the road from that. But I wouldn't call the cops so I could have saved 200$ and an hour of my life from traffic school.

I'd also probably tell myself to be a better girl friend to Austin. I know I know. Bear with me. I was horrible to him. In my small defense he was my first, but I just never learned how to be a good girlfriend for the whole year. You'd have thought that I would have figured it out by then. But I do nto regret actually going out with him. Mainly because I learned SOOO much about myself, friends, and relationships. It was a HUGE learning experience, and we had a TON of fun! That, I wouldn't take back.

I would have warned myself to pay a little better attention in Math and Astronomy. My first 2 C's were in my Junior year in those classes.

As of right now, I really can't think of anything else. But As you can see, it is hard for me to think of really anything huge that I would have changed in my life. Some people would think I would like to warn myself of my dads brain tumor earlier so maybe they could have done more. Of course I would give anything right now to have my dad with me. But you know what, I do. I get to have my dad on my mission with me. That, really is a true blessing for me. But really- I don't have any real regrets.
I have learned so much in my life from my mistakes. They have made me who I am today. If I were to change anything, I wouldn't have as strong of a testimony, or as good of friends. I wouldn't have as much knowledge about the "real world" either. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. It is meant to try us and help us grow, because sometimes their aren't any other ways to learn things than by making our own mistakes. Although those times can be extremely rough, if we come out on top with our Heavenly Father's help we will grow more than we ever even thought possible. And that is why looking back I don't have any real huge regrets, because I would not be the person I am today without them. :) and that's how life is designed to be. (I still love you Brad Paisley)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...