Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference and fun Bishops!





I had a great weekend! Kinda a boring week, but a WAY FUN weekend. That's usually how it goes.
On Monday I got put into my very first FHE group! I literally think we have the best group!
Then also this week I went visiting teaching for the first time! I LOVE my partners and my sisters!!!
So this weekend first, BYU ROCKS and I got to see that amazing last second touch down that almost wasn't a touch down against Utah State right in front of my very own face! I was in row 3 right by where he caught that ball! It made my life so that just set the tone for my fabulous weekend!
So my friend Jordan who goes to BYU-ID texts me and asks if I'm going to conference, I told him I was just watching it. Then after a little bit we made plans to go together and watch it, even though we didn't have tickets. So we finally get my cousin Danny to come with us. We woke up early on Saturday after last nights game excitement it was pretty hard, but I did anyways. We drive pick up Jordan at his sisters (he was down for a missionary reunion this weekend) and headed to the conference center.
We get there find parking (that was no small task) and head to find the stand-by line. We get there, and see what we thought was the end of the line... ya no, it wasn't. It just kept going and going and going! It was like a mile long! We just thought, there is no way we are going to get in. So we get to the end of the line feeling a little discouraged thinking what are we going to do next? So we were talking and Jordan and Danny were talking about their bishop in Florida (this is how Danny and Jordan met: Danny went to Florida for like 3 months and met Jordan who was on his mission there in his singles ward) named Bishop Waters. Jordan said hey he's down here right now! (this Bishop is very rich and has 2 houses in Florida and 1 here. So the bishop was here in Utah for conference. Danny had his number, but was too chicken to call so Jordan called him and is was the home phone so he got their cell from the home phone. We call it, no answer. As Jordan was calling though, this girl comes up to the end of the line where we were and said, does anyone want tickets? I have 5. Jordan went over told her we wanted 3, but there were other people there so we only ended up getting 2. We were like man now we only need 1! So Jordan goes to see if he can get one while me and Danny wait in the line. We were only waiting in the line for about 1min and then decided why on earth were we waiting in line. So we go and try to catch up with Jordan. While we are trying to find him he calls and said Bishop Waters had called back and guess what, he had ONE extra ticket! I wanted to cry I was so happy! I cannot believe how blessed we are! (Oh and ps I did say a prayer that morning that we would find a way to get it, and of course it worked ;)) So we meet up with the bishop (he is one of the most amazing men I have ever met, there was an instant spirit as I walked up to them and they were so nice inviting us to have lunch with them and dinner the next day, I loved them already! SOOOOOOO NICE!) and his wife, got the ticket and headed in.
But I forgot to say about how there were so many protesters that were yelling at us. They were saying things that didn't even make sense... like "Jesus died for all our sins"..... ummmmmm ya pal, we believe that too....? And all kinds of crazy stuff like: "what do Mormon's do on a Saturday night? Go to the club, or the bar?" No friend, we go to conference, duh. But they were kinda getting me boiled inside, but then there was a group of people that just stood by them and quietly sang hymns. It was so peaceful and comforting. Then when we walked onto the ground of the tabernacle it was even better! You could hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing through the speakers and all the great people surrounding you! How could you not know this is all true!? I loved and could really notice the difference!
Conference was great! I loved when they announced the new temple in Provo, everyone just gasped! It was so awesome! I'm excited! But I love that they are building it on the grounds of the tabernacle! And one in Paris and Africa! Yay! An overwhelming feeling came over me when he was telling us this, that our church is growing, it really is being spread across the nation, just like Joseph Smith said!
But ya that was fun. We got lunch then went back to Danny's to watch the 2nd half. Talked and talked and talked forever. Went and got shakes, they went to priesthood while I went shopping with my mom and sister. They came back we talked and talked and talked again at Danny's and watched funny videos almost peeing our pants. Oh good times. You never go wrong when it's with my family!
Then Sunday GC was great! I got to sleep too! I went to my mom's house for Sundays.... we ate a yummy breakfast and Dinner.
Then I came back and went to bishop Water's with Danny we stayed forever at his house playing games all night! I loved it! Holy cows!
Best weekend EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...