Sunday, October 9, 2011

Grandpa :) plus more












First of all I want to make a confession. I'm a sucker for love. It's kinda a problem I have. Austin pointed out to me that the only songs on my phone were love songs, and church songs. I wanted to prove him wrong. Ya. No. Literally almost every single one of my songs is a love song. That's just what I love to listen to. Love songs put me in a good mood and they are just super duper cute :D but anyways, ya, that's my big problem.

Soooooooo this week... it's kinda been crazy. Monday we missed our FHE because no one really told us where it was. By the time we found out it was a little too late and they had already left and it was raining so we figured they were going to be coming back soon anyways.
Tuesday Austin came over and we hung out a little bit then he took me and my scooter to my Mom's house. I actually don't even remember why I went home... oh ya jk it was because we went to a haunted house with all my friends. After it was over it was really cold and late so I decided that I would just leave the next morning.
Ya that wasn't going to happen. I work up at 6:00 and really didn't want to go, plus it was freezing cold. So I decided I would just stay another day. I didn't really have hard classes the next day. So I spent the day sleeping in, watching Psych, and going to the movies with Austin. (we saw Abduction ps) Anyways that was really fun because I kind of just needed a break and it was fun to relax ;)
So it was even worse that day. It had rained all day Wednesday so I couldn't ride my scooter. My mom figured out a ride for me and I got a ride Tuesday morning with someone from our ward. I got back to my apartment at 7:00am then left for school 40min later.
School that day was good. I came home and slept for a little bit and worked on some homework.
The sad part about Thursday was that I was informed that my Grandpa Bezzant (my Mom's Dad) had passed away that day. I loved my grandpa so much and I'm going to miss him :( but he's in a better place up there. Plus, he can hear now so that must be wonderful :) Another thing I thought of is, well, he's with my Dad and his daughter and son. They must be having a party up there ;)
But I'm also glad for my strong mom and her faith. My mom is amazing. I love her more then anyone and she is my best friend. I have never lied to her, and I always tell her everything. (I hope that my kids feel the same way about me). But I just cannot even imagine what she has been through in the past 4 years. She lost her brother in 2007. Her prince charming in 2008. Then her sister and Dad in 2011. I cannot even imagine. But she is strong because she knows she has to be for us and I admire that. I hope I can one day be that strong.
It was really sad to think about. Especially because my grandma just had found him that day. It was unexpected, but kind of expected at the same time if you know what I mean.
The rest of Thursday me and my roommate watched "Mega Mind" and ate our weights worth of muddy buddies.
Friday was crazy. I stayed up till 4:00am talking to my friend Zack Wilson for 4 hours on the phone. That was really fun we talked about everything and it helped me vent about things for a little bit.
It wasn't till later that day that the sorrow really hit me of my grandpa's death.
I was working on this paper for my Human Development class, it's an Adolescent Autobiography on a trial(s) that happened in our adolescence that changed the course of our life. It's not really an easy paper, it has a lot to go into it and a lot of points you have to make. It takes a lot of thinking. I decided to write on the biggest thing that has changed my life more then anything and that is when my Dad died. As I was writing it I became very emotional, more emotional than I have been in a very long time. The spirit hit me as well as sorrow. It was very mixed emotions. But I realized something...
My Grandpa Calder passed away a few years before my Dad did.
My Dad passed away in 2008.
Now my other grandpa on October 6, 2011.
I have no brothers.
I know those are kind of weird things to point out. But it hit me that I have no male figures directly anymore. I mean, yes, I do have friends and uncles and cousins. But I don't have a brother, dad or grandpa to look up to. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but it almost makes me crave that kind of love, I guess you could say even more. So it's been a struggle. N0t only now, but for a long time.
Anyways. Enough with the sad.
The rest of Friday...
Ash came and picked me up from my house late that night because we had to practice a song we would be doing for my grandpa's funeral with my cousins that morning.
I stayed up late with Karly and Ash laughing and talking. Plus, practicing because I was playing the piano for the song we were doing and I needed people to sing with me so I could get the song down, and because I had never really played the song.
The next morning we went and practiced.
Funny story...
I wasn't doing so good with the song like playing it. I have this stupid "disorder" where I cannot play the piano with people singing with me. For some dumb reason it's always been a struggle. But I really wanted to do it. So I had the song alright before we left to practice. But I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me so I wouldn't make this whole piece a disaster.
I got there and played the song perfectly. Even though there were people singing with me, and my 4 cousins playing the violin and one playing the bass with me. I was the leader and I had to keep on time and not mess up. I was so glad that Heavenly Father helped me and I know it was all him :)
The song sounded beautiful! I'm so excited! I'm glad our family has musical talents so that we can do these kinds of things :)
Th rest of Saturday Ash had to babysit and none of my other friends from home were home. So I made yummy chili, slept (that was nice), and watched Psych. Then we went to the BYU game. I had a great time with my family at the BYU game and got to talk to my aunt Debra the whole time :) Like I said Heaven for me, haha funny, but it's my whole family at a BYU game. BYU wins of course, and the game is against Utah. ;)
Then church today was amazing. It was fast and testimony meeting and I was touched by all of the testimonies in my ward. Plus my roommate gave a great Sunday School lesson. It's been great day over all ;)
The end :o
(Sorry, a lot of blabbering)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...