Thursday, September 22, 2011

School in Zion!




OK so this is totally random but I thought I would tell the story about how I made my decision to go to BYU.
So I never ever thought that I would get accepted to BYU but I thought I would apply anyways just to see. So I applied for 3 schools: BYU, SUU, WSU. I had been to the SUU campus before and I really liked it there, they had the programs and everything I wanted, I just didn't like how far away it was. But I was planning on going there.
So one day I get an email on my phone saying something about go to this website to see if you have been accepted or not. So I run to the computer and go right to the website... it's like waiting for Christmas waiting for the page to load even though it was only a few seconds, it literally felt like an eternity. I held my breath and waited...
All I could do was stare at the page. Did it really say I had been accepted? I read it over and over and over again. I seriously couldn't believe my eyes. I even made sure that it was my name and went back and clicked on the link again.
Yep. It was mine. I was completely speechless. I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to do. I walked over to my mom and just looked at her. She could tell something was different. She said, "What is it?" I got a huge grin on my face (it probably was bigger then my face), probably the biggest grin I have ever grinned and said. Guess. What. I. Got. Accepted. To.... BYU! She looked at me in awe and said NO WAY! (We both knew this was impossible) We both celebrated for a short time and started wondering how this happened. My great mother pointed out that my both of my Fathers in heaven were REALLY REALLY looking out for me! I have never felt so blessed! But she also pointed out that obviously BYU doesn't just look at test score and grades, but they really look at the kind of person you are. I had to write 3 essays to apply. (I might add they were pretty good essays and I worked very hard on them) I wrote about different things... I've kinda forgotten what they were specifically about but there were topics. But my first essay I wrote about my dad. That must have been what got them ;)
So, you know me, I stink at making decisions. Of course BYU was the school I had been dreaming of since I knew what BYU was, but I didn't want to make the wrong choice. After all, this is a really big step in my life that literally will change the whole course of my life. Why would I want to mess up on that!?
Now of course my Dad's side of the family was no help (biggest BYU fans in the universe) the answer was obvious for them. They asked my why I even needed to make the choice! BYU or bust!
But I really needed to make the right choice.
So for about the next month I prayed and prayed to My Heavenly Father with all my whole might and heart. This was one of the hardest time I have ever prayed.
So, I didn't get the answer right off. But as I have always learned, you need to be patient. So I was patient and explored the school so I wasn't just sitting there doing nothing.
Then one night after I had prayed to really know where to go I opened up my scriptures and started reading. As I was about to turn the page in D&C 97 I just silenced prayed again that I might be able to find the answer in the scriptures (I hadn't done this yet). (Oh and btw I was pretty sure I was going to BYU I was just waiting for Heavenly Father to confirm to me that I had made the right choice). So I turned the page and the next line was: "Concerning the School in Zion" My face beamed as I read the whole verse:
D&C 97:3
"Behold, I say unto you, conceding the school in Zion, I, the Lord, am well pleased that there should be a school in Zion..."
I literally almost screamed in complete JOY! I knew where I was supposed to go! It was right there! Plain as day! (at least to me)
Verse 4 has a little in it too and I smiled as I continued:
D&C 97:4
"And inasmuch as he continueth to abide in me he shall continue to preside over the school in the land of Zion..."
Wow. I was shocked. I have never had more of a direct answer to my prayer. I felt the spirt so strongly and just started to ball. I could feel of His love for me as well as my Dad in heaven. It was the greatest feeling the the world. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
So, the verses probably aren't that cool to anyone else or maybe don't even make sense in their eyes, but to me they are just AMAZING! I will NEVER forget this experience.
As I kept reading this night I came across verse 27 of the same section..
D&C 97:27
"...I, the Lord, have accepted of her offering..."
Yes. It literally says that in the same section. I balled again. It even said her, not him.
I knew where I was supposed to go, and had no doubt.
I drew a big fat blue BYU Y over those verses in my scriptures and every time I turn through my scriptures I can see it, plain as day, just like the answer was given to me.
I know that I'm supposed to be here, and I'm grateful for the gospel that I have in my life that can help me make big decisions in my life, and help me make the right one. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool answer to your prayers! Thanks for sharing it!

    Long live the pickle juice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...