Monday, August 13, 2012

The Blessing of Paying your Tithing

Tithing has never really been a hard thing for me. I've learned ever since I was little and old enough to be making money that I should pay my tithing. You learn way back in Primary how much to pay and when to pay. My parents also always told me how important it was and helped me learn by making little jars for savings, spending, and tithing.
I've never really had a hard time paying it. It's always just been easy and I've seen the blessings from it countless times.
I didn't make any money my first year of college. It was kind of weird when I went into tithing settlement with my bishop in my singles ward and I had nothing. But I wasn't making anything so it was fine. But now since I've started working again in the summer the money that I pay to tithing is a little harder to pay. I just think of all the things I could do with the money like how much of tuition that is, or that's a whole month of rent, or "that could buy me a whole book." But then I step back and look at what's really important- that is, obeying all God's commandments in full without hesitation. All of them can and are hard in one way or another for someone. But if we just have faith we will be taken care of. But we always have to remember that it is still in His time and way. You may not see the blessing of paying your tithing for years, but they will come and I know that. Also- we may also not see  the blessings in the way that we intended it. We need to keep in mind that again, it is all up to Him and He knows what is best for us.
I know that if I continue to pay my tithing without complaint, having full faith in my Heavenly Father that I will be ok financially in my life. I may not always have money to do everything that I want. But I know that I will have money for the things that I truly need. He will take care of me because I was faithful in paying my tithing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...