Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House

Even though it was a late night I had such an amazing time with my family at the Brigham City Temple Open house. The temple was so beautiful and the spirit was very strong there even though it hadn't been dedicated yet. From just one day of my Art History Class I was looking for symbolism in everything in the temple. I couldn't believe how much there was. Not a lot of it was obvious, I kind of think they just want you to make up your own ideas about all of it was. But I would love to walk through with one of the architects or even a seminary teacher or just someone more knowledgeable about those things than I am to see what all the symbolism is. But I'm sure that you learn about it when you actually go through the temple. Kind of like how you learn about the mirrors in the sealing room or the oxen holing up the baptismal font. But ya. I just loved it. We got yummy shakes and had some fun talks on the way there and back since it was a long drive. I feel so blessed to be so close to so many temples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...