Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dear Future Jacket...

I really like this whole jacket thing. Even tonight at FHE we talked about what characteristics we would want in our future jacket.
(let me get those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about caught up. Elder Oaks gave a talk in regional stake conference and used a hilarious analogy comparing boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses to jackets. It was hilarious, and totally true. He talked about how you are in this club and everyone seems to have a jacket and you don't and you can't just seem to find one. Everyone is talking about how nice their jacket is and just all about the jacket and you have no clue where yours is.) I do not have a jacket, so I thought that I'd write a funny letter to my future one... (coming up with an analogy for a jacket and person is not that easy).

So here is my incredibly cheesy letter to my future jacket :)

Dear Future Jacket,
Let's start with the basics. You will need to always keep me extremely warm. I don't want you to think it's only temporary. I will need you 24/7 (even in the summer) I don't care if I'm scourging hot, I would still like you to keep me as warm as possible. I would love you to be warm and fuzzy, even if you are afraid to show it. ;) A good jacket should keep you safe. A good jacket needs to have essentials in the pockets. A good jacket just knows when you are cold and knows exactly how to warm you right up. I don't want a lazy, torn, used, or smelly jacket. But remember- you can be washed. I want a jacket who knows what it needs to do and how to do it. Jackets must know where they were made and know how to get back. Ya, sometimes there are holes in jackets, but together, we can mend them. Sometimes my friends or family might not like you- but just know, I have a special place for you in my closet :) You need to be really soft so I can snuggle reallllll good. Keeping my hands warm is a must. You don't need to be fancy, expensive, or even a certain style. All I ask is that you fit just right. If you do all of these things I will keep you forever and never ever throw you away. :)

<3 me :)


1 comment:

  1. Elder Oaks' jacket analogy works all too well. I found the perfect answer to all the "jacket" comparisons at wheresmyjacket.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...