Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Start of Family History! (my timeline)

Lets be real. Right now, I'm supposed to be studying. But that is literally ALL I did yesterday. I actually think microbiology and art history are interesting and all... (... sure) but I just need to focus! Ah!
Ok, here is what I had to do for my Family History and Temple Work class. I moaned about it at first because I have a horrible memory. But once I got going, I actually enjoyed it!
So here is the start of my family history! And well... my history ;)

My Time Line :)


1993- April 19th: Born at American Fork Hospital in American Fork Utah.

1993 July- First trip of many to Flaming Gorge Utah.

1993 November- First College Football game (Rose bowl in California) (yes we are football and camping fans)

1994- April 19th: First Birthday with family and friends. I don’t remember this, but I have seen pictures.

1994 September 19th- Became a big sister. My sister Ashley was born exactly 17 months after me. We haven’t been separated yet. My mom swears we were meant to be twins. She even gave birth to us at around the same time and in the same room in the hospital. We often get mistaken for twins.  

1996- June 20th- became a big sister again! My sister Karly was born. I was still too little to remember her birth. But my mom did say I fed her cheese when she was just tiny.

1997- December 31st- became a big sister of AGAIN! My sister Katelyn was born. I actually remember my mom coming home with her (I was just 4) and I was learning how to write.

1998 Summer- I learned how to ride a bike (I then tried to teach my little sisters how to do the same)

1998 August- My first day of Kindergarten

1999 Fall- I lost my first tooth. I remember crying to my first grade teacher because I had lost it. Then we looked through the trashes but we never could find it. She then told me I could write a note to the tooth fairy and I would still get money.  

1999 Spring- I got my ears pierced. Ashley got them pierced at the same time as me. My favorite color was red so I got red studs and she got pink.

1999 Summer- Started Piano lessons when I was 6 years old. It didn’t last long.

2000 Spring- My very first Soccer game. We were the pink panthers. I still have a trophy to this day from that season.

2001 May- I was baptized. After words my whole extended family came to my house to eat Mexican food in my back yard.  

2001 September 11th- The world trade towers were hit. All I remember is being at my friends’ house, (I was being babysat) and my friends’ mom just being in a panic. The next day at school all we did was talk about it. I was only 8, so I don’t remember a whole lot, I didn’t think it was as big of a deal as it really was.

2001 October- My first trip to Disney Land. The park was almost deserted. It was right after 9/11. We took our motor home through Nevada and had a really fun trip. Especially because the park was not crowded. 

2002 August- Moved to Saratoga Springs UT

2002 November- My very first basketball game. I was not very good, but my dad always practiced with me and I loved it. Here began my love affair with basketball.

2002 Winter- First Time I babysat. I was only 9, and Ashley was 8. But since we were together we made 17. It was just for our neighbors across the street. This started us babysitting kids all over the neighborhood. Even to this day.  

2003 Winter- I got my tonsils out in 4th grade. I was out of school for a week and I remember being mad because the girl in the room next to me got to go home before me. Only because I threw up right before I was supposed to go so I had to stay longer.

2003 Winter- I failed my spelling class in 4th grade. I remember the SEOP vividly with my parents and my teacher Ms. Wacob. I was a troublemaker in 4th grade.

2003 June- Made my first batch of  MANY cookies. I actually made the pudding instead of just putting the dry mix in. The cookies were flat and gooey. But they were still so good!

2004 May- My Grandpa Calder died. One of my first experiences with a death of a loved one that I can remember.

2004 Fall- I had what I call my first “real” crush. Only because it’s the only one I remember well enough. The boys’ name was Kyle. He sat next to me in 5th grade and gave me jerky. That to me meant he liked me. Therefore, he was my first crush. 

2005 January 1st- My life took a dramatic turn when my father had a grand mall seizure on New Year’s day at 3:00am. I was woken up my mom telling me to go open the door for the parametics. I climbed into Ashley’s bed because I was scared. I watched in horror and confusion as they wheeled my best friend out on a stretcher.

2005 January 1st- I learned that my dad had a brain tumor that we probably wouldn’t have caught if we hadn’t have been playing video games and most likely would have killed him sooner than it did.

2005 Spring- Made it to the state science fair with my science experiment in 6th grade on the color and waviness of your hair and it’s effect on strength. This was also the first time I felt at home at BYU and knew I wanted to go there.

2005 Summer- My first ever girls camp. I remember we came straight from our annual family vacation from Flaming Gorge. My parents dropped me off, even though all the other girls had been there most of the day. This was the start of one of my favorite places on earth to be at- Girls Camp.

2005 August- Started Junior High. Very terrifying, but basketball got me out of my shell a little more.

2005 Fall- My first of many church callings as Beehive Second counselor (I went on to be the Beehive president, the Mia Maid 1st Counselor, and the Laurels 2nd and 1st counselor).

2005 October- First 5K spook run at Willowcreek Middle school. I just did this with the basketball team. It was surprisingly easy for me as a 7th grader.

2005 November- Made the Freshman Basketball team as a 7th grader

2006 January- First sex ed class (this was a huge milestone) I had 2 people from my ward in this class. One of them (M’kenna Thornly) is still my good friend. And the other (Austin Miller) became my first kiss and boyfriend and is now my good friend.

2007 March- Joined Track in 8th Grade- mainly to stay in shape for basketball. I did the long jump, the high jump, the 400, the 400 relay, and the 100.  

2007 November- First official Freshman Basketball game. I didn’t actually get to play when I was on the team in 7th and 8th grade because you are only aloud to play so many years of high school basketball, so this was a moment I’d been waiting for forever. To add to the excitement I actually got to start the game.

2007 Winter- My first 3 pointer made in a game which eventually got me my nick name “shooter” and I then switched positions to a shooting guard, or position 3, instead of a forward.

2008 January- Not a highlight of my life- I got braces

2008 April- I got my driving permit/ drove for the first time

2008 June 10th- my Dad passed away from brain cancer. He’d survived it for 3 ½ years.

2008 June- My first EFY. It was actually the week after my dad had passed away. It was hard to be there and not with my family, but it strengthened my testimony in a way that I needed at that time.

2008 Summer- I got my first job in the summer at PowerTri.

2008 August- Started High School at Lehi High. I was not thrilled about going to Lehi. Luckily I got to got to Westlake for my last couple years of high school.

2008 December- I got my first phone for Christmas! It was a blackberry pearl that was silver.

2009 February- I got in my first car accident. I backed into my boyfriend Austin’s car putting a dent in the back of my car causing his light to break and he also got a dent. I cried for a long time.

2009 April- I turned 16 and got my license the next day!

2009 May- A huge highlight and confidence booster- I got my braces off 

2009 June- I had my first date with Andrew Leonard. We doubled with his sister and her friend. We really liked each other at that time and even said we had a “song.” Nothing came of it but a good friendship.

2009 Summer - I got my first very own camera and took my first of billions of pictures (I became an amateur photographer)

2009 August- I started my first year as a Junior at Westlake High School.

2009 August- My first high school football game (I did not go to any football games at Lehi, and I never missed one at Westlake)

2009 September- Made the JV Soccer team at Westlake High School

2009 September- First High School date dance. Homecoming with Zach Wilson. I was the worst date ever because I had a huge crush on Austin and he was in our group, but with another girl. 

2009 September- Made Westlake’s first ever goal in soccer (I had no idea what I was doing. I was not good at soccer. I had a lot of the girls a little upset because they wanted the first goal)

 2009 October- I got to drive my friends in the car for the first time. They all had a half birthday party for me and we went (I drove them) to smoothie king.

2009 November- The first time I went paintballing with my friends (painful)

2009 November- I had my first kiss with Austin Miller in the parking lot after Katelyn’s basketball game. The next day we decided that we were officially dating at a young men young women’s activity when we split a brownie. The funny thing about that is that from when I first moved into the ward and saw Austin I always pictured myself dating or even marrying him. I never thought it would actually happen.

2009 Winter- My first time dressing as a man (that I can remember) dancing to the Jonas Brothers. I dressed as Joe Jonas. 

2010 January- My first official injury of my life, a concussion I got while sledding on New Years Eve. I couldn’t play basketball for 2 weeks. 

2010 Winter- I put on my first mustache with my cousin Katie and Ashley. We had one of the craziest night ever, with blow up dinosaurs, mustaches, silly string, basketball, movies, and stalkers.

2010 March- My Junior Prom. One of the best nights of my life! I went with Austin Miller. We had a super fun romantic night. 

2010 April- I figured out what I wanted to major in- Athletic Training. 

2010 May- I joined Alyssa’s Bridal’s Fashion Team. I actually didn’t apply. But my friend Rachel had been on it before and knew I wanted to do it. I had just missed the deadline. So she hooked me up because the Miss. Westlake had dropped out. I didn’t even have to apply or anything.

2010 July- I went on a pioneer trek. This was one of the most fun, uplifting, spiritual and testimony building things I have ever done.

2010 July- I was made/set apart a member of seminary counsel

2010 September- I was in the homecoming royalty with Austin.

2010 November- I applied for BYU

2010 Winter- I got my second job as a children’s basketball referee

2010 December- Austin and I broke up. The beginning of a long, hard, emotional next few months to come.

2010 December- I got my third job at Burger King

2011 January- The neapolitan group was started (me and my 2 best friends)
2011 February- I got accepted to BYU- one of the proudest moments of my life. I couldn’t believe it when I read it. I did not have the best ACT score or the greatest GPA. I know I was meant to be there and that it was a miracle that I even got it.

2011 March- I did the Miss. Saratoga Springs Pageant I got 1st attendant. This was something I just did for fun because I had a prom dress from doing the Alyssa’s bridal modeling, but I ended up loving it. Most people were surprised that I did it because I had never been into that kind of stuff, but I had a blast.

2011 April- I actually became Miss. Saratoga Springs. I got a call on my 18th birthday telling me that I was going to move up to Miss. Saratoga Springs because the old one had become engaged. What a great birthday present.

2011 May- I got my fourth job as a janitor at Willowcreek middle school with Kailey.

2011 May- I got my first credit card

2011 June 2nd- Graduated From Westlake High School

2011 August- Moved out for the first time

2011 August- My first Semester at BYU

2011 October- My Grandpa Bezzant died

2012 March- Ended my Miss. Saratoga Springs Reign

2012 April- First Cruise/ First time out of the country. We went to The Bahama’s, Jamaica, The Cayman Islands, and Cozumel Mexico a week before I had finals. A lot of things went wrong, but we ended up having a good time. We even did a lot of excursions on the islands.

 2012 April- I got my first F in college in my stats class.

2012 June- I got my wisdom teeth out

2012 Summer- My fifth jobs at Macey’s and WDS

2012 September- I am in a Family History class at BYU composing this timeline.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...