Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day!

This weekend was perfect for me! After having a pretty stressful first week of school I really enjoyed having a long break. Especially because I don't have any classes on Friday so I just came home on Thursday night after the amazing football game (ya, I loved it).
The only thing now is that I have to get back into the routine of school and I don't get another break until Thanksgiving... which is probably a good thing.
I went to the game with Ashley, my mom, Katelyn, Austin, and Kenzie (Ash's friend). We had a blast! I'm mad I didn't take a picture (see my last post) but that's ok! I guess I can remember it from writing it down :)
So Friday I just chilled and went to work. Saturday I worked all day and then hungout with Jackie and Austin. Sunday I went to my cousin Riley's ordination. Monday...
We hiked the G early in the morning. We do it every year. This year I learned that my mom and dad actually started the tradition. Then we had yummy breakfast afterwords and wrote letters to my cousin Forrest on his mission. After that we went to my work while I talked to my boss and my family did a little shopping. We also got to see my Uncle Dale which was super fun.







Then we went home, showered, relaxed for a bit and headed off to the zoo! We actually got memberships, mainly because the line was a TON shorter (you know labor day and the crazy families with a million kids) and it cost about the same amount of money. We were only there for probably an hour. It was just so busy and hot we could barely handle it. Plus, we had a membership, so we didn't need to be there all day. Word of advice- go to the zoo when it's raining. NO ONE is there! We went for Sadie's my senior year and we were literally the only ones in the park and we just loved it! Then we all headed home and took a nap and watched some tv... It was a super fun day! I love my family so much and was actually in tears as I drove home because I missed them so much.
Another side note- Heavenly Father does hear our prayers. As I was driving home I was praying to my Heavenly Father for comfort. I got that comfort and felt the spirit so strong. I talked to him the whole way home, out loud, and couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. He is my best friend and he was listening to me. I felt as if he was sitting right there next to me listening to every word I had to say. And, well... He was there.  I could feel it. He gave me some advice and I took it! So far, it's been working miracles! I'm finally getting to know my roommates and I feel like we are friends. I feel comfortable and I feel like my life is getting organized! I just can't wait for every day, when before I would dread the days to come.
I. Love. My. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...