Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Karly!

Woah. I'm going to be honest. It felt completely weird writing Karly instead of Karl...


From the time that I was little I always thought that she was an angel sent from heaven. Mainly because, I don't think I have ever really seen her do something wrong. That may sound totally sarcastic, but I really think she is the closest person to perfect that I've ever come in contact with. She is amazing in that way. We call her the "odd one out"; now that I'm writing that, it sounds super weird and mean, but I mean that as a sincere compliment. All of us are sort of insane. We fight with each other, beat each other up, say mean things to each other and are just imperfect hooligans. She is the complete opposite. She has never even hit me.... wait... I take that back. She did, once. It didn't even hurt me. Hahahaha she's just a little girl who is too sweet and kind to even lay a finger on someone. Even when she did "hit" me, I laughed and she said sorry a couple times.
Karly has a million and one friends. The problem- this is not an exaggeration. She is always with at least one other person. I think it's because people are really drawn to her. She has the cutest little light about her, and always has. She knows who she is, what she wants in life, and how to do it. I don't know about you, but that's at least 3 steps ahead of me! She stands up for her beliefs, even if it's not the popular thing to do, or if she has to leave her friends. Every single day she looks to please her Father in Heaven and do what she knows is right. She may not know it, but although I'm the older sister I look up to her in so many different ways. She loves to help other people and hardly ever thinks about herself.
I admire (mainly because I have a problem with this) that she isn't afraid to be herself. She loves what she loves and it doesn't matter if it isn't what everyone else is doing or if it's weird.
She has the prettiest singing voice I have ever heard. I will hear her practicing in her room and I can't help but grin from ear to ear. She is also the only person in our family who is musically talented. We sometimes wear her out wanting to hear songs.
She always knows what to say. Whether it's about the gospel, where we want to go eat, why some person is wearing what they are. Whatever. She has something to say. We love to laugh at her. Well, with her. She's so funny sometimes and she doesn't even know it.
Karl, I know we are mean to you, but that just means that we love you more. Trust me, you are our favorite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...