Tuesday, September 13, 2011







First blog post. Wow. I can't believe I'm doing this... I'm not a big fan of writing in my journal, but the prophets really encourage it so I feel like this will be a fun way to do it :)
Oh and I would like to thank my amazing cousin Aubrey for her inspiration for this blog. I love reading hers so I thought that this would be a fun thing to do. :D
The scoop on school. It's
really not what I expected. It's weird because you will walk around all day meeting new people in your classes and at devotionals and stuff, but then guess what? Ya, you never see them again. It's kind of depressing. My ward is really what is getting me though this rough time.
This weekend we had a Relief Society retreat for our stake. It was like one night of girls camp, just with a lot older girls. We had Jenny Phillilps came and spoke to us (She is seriously the best ever) and she brought the spirit so strongly to the meeting and made me want to be better. I think that's what really makes a speaker special, is when they really can inspire their audience to want to change for the better. Her music is truly amazing and really has gotten me through some of my down times.
Then after that we had a big HUMONGOUS slumber party! (Believe me, it was a PARTY!) They had karaoke (I pretty much wet my pants laughing so histarically) and we did glitter toes and ate food.
A pal and I in my ward (a red head, obviously we automatically clicked, it's just a rule) were getting literally addicted to these wonderful pickles they were giving us (I know weird that part of the meal was a pickle) So after everyone had had some we asked member of the relief society stake presidency if we could have some more (we talked to the right person because she is the wife of one of the member of our bishopric so we knew her well). She told us of course we could have some! So we went into the kitchen and opened the fridge, right as we did that the lady in the red shirt comes up behind us, "Can I help you with anything?" We said, "well we were just getting some more pickles." So she kind of made us get out and she gave us each 3 pickles.
Now of course that's NOT enough for me and my obsession with pickles and the other food we had that night wasn't the best (I'm not going to lie to you) so we were a little hungry. About 1 hour later we were taking a group picture kind of by the kitchen, the door and serving area were open and guess what I saw... yup those darn delicious things were just sitting right there. It was tempting, so I followed my evil heart and grabbed those things shoved them under my awesome jacket and ran for the door, me and Emily (my cousin and roommate) didn't want to walk all the way to our cabin in the dark (not lazy just thinkers) so I decided to hide them in the bushes until it was time to go back. As we walked back in we saw the red shirt girl and she looked like she was looking for something, we chucked and went on with the party. The party was over, so I grabbed them (my ward thinks I'm super crazy by then but they were glad to have the pickles) and we walked back to camp. We ate the rest of that pickle jar happily and told stories around the camp fire, actually, I even roasted one (I will not take credit for the brilliant idea, it was a girl in my ward, I just followed though with it) it gave off a weird fume so we decided not to do it anymore, well, actually we did, it just fell in the fire, so that was the end of that.
All in all it was a WONDERFUL weekend and I really bonded with my ward even if it was a short time!
Plus, those pickles had so much sodium (about 250% of the daily recommend value). No calories. But so much sodium. It was completely worth it. It's a good thing I didn't go with my temptation to drink the juice.
Hence, the inspiration for the name of this great blog. (not really, my best pal Christina came up with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...