Saturday, September 17, 2011

STILL a True Blue family















My fondest memories from a kid were when I would get to go to the BYU football games with my dad. I always got spoiled with treats and got to see my family and of course I got ALL the attention! I always loved going and looked forward to it often!
Well this weekend I did the same thing as always, went to the football game. Yes, I know, we lost, badly. But that doesn't change anything, I'm still completely true to my team :)
Plus just seeing my family there was all worth it! I just love my family more then anything in the world! My aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course my immediate family Ashley, Karly, Katelyn, and my Mom, and Dad. But man right now I'm even getting a little teary eyed. I literally have the best family in the world and I love to see them and just be with them. They make me feel safe, happy, and ALWAYS make me laugh :) I can start to visualize what eternity will be like when I'm with them :D I can always count on them to make my day, even if we do lose the football game 10-54 :/
Something else I did this weekend, I went to the Blue vs. Red dodge ball game. It was the BIGGEST dodge ball game ever! There were over 2,500 people there! I went with Ashley, Christina, Austin, and Andrew. We had a BLAST! There were free shirts, hot dogs, entertainment and just fun!
But, something that I'm very grateful for is my friends, I'm so glad that they share the same values and standards as me. We were having a blast throwing balls and laughing so hard (and getting hit very hard in the face I might add) but then Ashley and Christina went back to sit down by our stuff (because they got out ;)) and then Ash realized that she didn't have the keys.
She called us and we tried looking for them everywhere. We scanned the grass where we had played searched with my phone by where we put our stuff we were asking people and just looking everywhere we had been.
So we were getting really frustrated because we thought for sure someone had stolen them because Ashley had set them down and we couldn't find them. So we getting angry with each other because we were trying to find different options on what to do. Then the same idea came to our mind at the same time. Of course, we need to pray.
So we got in a circle just out in the open and I said a pray so that Heavenly Father could help direct us by the spirit to find the keys and for us to listen to the spirit, and if we couldn't find them for him to help us come up with another option. Literally 2 seconds after we were done saying the prayer the announcers said we have some keys here at the tech booth so we start walking over there and then Austin comes running with the keys in his hand (him and Andrew didn't say the prayer with us, they were looking somewhere else when we said it, but they told us they had said their own prayer as well).
So we found the keys and were VERY VERY happy and thankful to Heavenly Father for helping us find them so we could get home.
As we got in the car to drive home Ashley said. "we need to say a prayer so that we can all be happy (we were kinda tense) and get home safely and have a fun rest of the night." So we bowed our heads and prayed again and yes, we did have a fun rest of the night. It was awesome!
I'll never forget that experience and the faith and strength that my friends and I can share with each other. :) I love them!
Then on Sunday we had this AMAZING speaker in my singles ward that came and spoke to us in Relief Society and Priesthood combined. She really touched me and she talked on service, hope, faith, and trials both in Relief Society and in Sacrament. She has been though more then I can imagine and is actually a breast cancer survivor and as such a spirit and light about her. I loved listening to her talk and give me advice!
Then I went to my home ward because my mom was giving a talk so I wanted to see her. Her, and a couple other people spoke on how to prepare for conference. She did AMAZING! So did the other people. Then I went to my home ward Sunday school and loved listing to my teachers talk about their cute marriage and the importance of it. Then, since I had already gone to church that day I decided it would be fun to go to my Young Womens, so I went and we had a really fun talk on guess what, marriage. That's all I hear about anymore. I love learning about it though!
Then I hung out at my house the rest of the night and had so much fun with my family :) once again, this is what heaven is for me, hanging out with my family on Sunday nights :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...