Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WARNING!! Do NOT change your major 2 weeks into school!!!










Today my day made my brain cry a few tears.

I have been dealing with issues since last Friday because I decided that I really really couldn't do chemistry and so I changed my major to Athletic Training (don't worry, I prayed and I feel good about it for now and I'm very very excited about the major.
One problem.
The man who is in charge of the nursing center told me in a meeting with him a while back that if I didn't get admitted into the nursing program that it wouldn't be a problem to change because Athletic Training and Nursing have the same Pre-Reqs. False. Although I didn't know this until Thursday when I went and talked a consoler about it.
Great.
So, obviously I didn't want to stay in my chemistry class because it was very hard for me and you don't need it for Athletic Training.
So I decided to drop that class and add in another class that wouldn't be too difficult to pick up on 2 weeks into the semester, or that I didn't necessarily have to get a good grade in. I decided on American Heritage. I thought it was a good choice, I didn't really have to get a perfect grade in it, and it's a GE I can get out of the way.
Wrong.
Everything was good until on Monday I was looking at my class schedule for some odd reason (I think it was inspiration) and I didn't have my Human Development class anymore. I was like oh no... (I have a scholarship that I have to have at least 14 credits for and since this class was dropped I only had 11!)
So I went to the registration office (I didn't go straight there of course I didn't really know where to go so I went a few places to find out) and they looked at the thing and it said that I had done it. I swear I hadn't. So they said to go and talk to my professor.
I did and he said he would be happy to keep me in the class even though it was past the add/drop deadline. Oh, and when I talked to him I figured out why it had dropped his class, it was because apparently (I had no idea) when I dropped Chem it also dropped his because it was in a bundle.
(PS, I really hate this stupid bundle thing, it makes things more complicated and has done nothing for me and caused me a whole lot of problems)
So I find out where to get the paper, I go and get it, but before we can do it I have to talk to the freshman mentoring people to see if it's still ok if I have the class (see there it is again, oh the bundle)
I walked over there and talked to this old lady that smelled like... well... old ladies for about 30min trying to work it all out. She was willing to help, but not too happy with me. (what can I say!? I'm only a freshman and no one ever told me these things) So we ended up going though all these options of things calling people me running places like to the scholarship office and the academic advisement center.
She's wanting to put me into a 1 credit class, and a 2 credit class because she though it wasn't a good idea for me to be in american heritage without a mentor and a study group, and because I switched into it 2 weeks in. (Did she not think that she is putting me into 2 new classes and they are more then a week in when the American Heritage teacher and TA have already worked with me?) I didn't get her. I went along with it and then thought it was a bad idea so I'm sticking with the plan and just getting my Human Development class back. (silent "yes" I love this class)
Plus I lost my iclicker, so I was trying to work all of this out as well.
That was the short version.
Holy Cows that was confusing.
So I was going crazy and then my dear friend Austin called me and asked if I wanted to hangout. YES! That's the ONE thing I need right now! I was so glad he called! Perfect timing!
So after my 11:00 class he comes and we go to Golden Corral for lunch and had a good time there. An old lady standing in line behind us saw us order waters and said, "Why water? It has no flavor?" Then I chuckled and said, "Ya, but it doesn't cost anything." She said, "True." And then the cashier gave her her pepsi, I think she's been there more then a few times, they new her name and what she wanted, she didn't even have to say :) She was so cute. I love old people.
Then we went to the mall and had a blast at the halloween store and other stores.

Sorry for the creepy pictures. Halloween is my favorite holiday for some reason, I don't know why I love it so much.

Also, I'd like to clarify that me and my friend have an unhealthy obsession with mustaches.

AND, I would never be caught dead in that hat but it's HUGE!!!!




2 comments:

  1. "Today my day made my brain cry a few tears."

    I LOVE it. I am so glad I found your blog, I hope you don't mind me reading it!!!

    I have had days just like this one ... they seems to help make the good days better. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered why old people have that certain smell. When I get old, will I have that smell?!? Will I know that I have it???!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...