Monday, November 28, 2011

End of Semester... what?!



WOW! I seriously cannot believe I only have 8 days of this semester left! It has gone by incredibly fast! Now I only have 7 semesters left until I... graduate... from... college. That may seem like a long ways away, but after how fast this semester just went by, I need a pause button!
I'm so old.
Sooooooo finals.... ya.
At the beginning of the semester I thought that I was doing way good in my classes and learning a lot! Until duh duh duh, my first test. I did horribly! I was confused and worried as I got out of the testing center. I thought (yes, thought would be the correct word) I knew everything but I was horribly wrong. I seriously (even thought this is pathetic) wanted to just ball and run home (home home).
Being a Mommy's girl I called her right after I got out and explained to her how I studied, and went to class and everything but still did really bad.
This was my first real reality of college.
My mom being the loving parent she is asked me if I had REALLY  studied. I dug in my brain and realized I could have done better (well, can't we call at times). So from then on I was determined that I would study better and actually do the reading fully. I made some goals of reading the assigned reading before class and having a study time for each class.
Fail.
That did not happen. I wish it had. Plus I had (have) no excuse. I do not even have a job and I only have 13 credits of easy classes. (now that I'm saying this out loud it sounds super dumb)
Anyways. Let's just say I have learned my lesson (hopefully). Next semester I'm taking harder classes, and more credits (try: 15 credits, and my classes are: stats (4 times a week), American Heritage (yuck), Music 210H (ya, honors because it double counts), Psychology, Book of Mormon, and Intro to Health Professions). Busy schedule. But that's ok because all of the classes that I was not too thrilled to take I will be getting over with.
Finals......
Am I scared? YES! I really do not want to fail any of my classes. And since I have not done so hot on my tests so far, this does not look like a happy ending. But I will still try my best and do all that I can to get a good grade on all my finals.
This first semester has been a great learning experience and a huge transition. So I'm trying not to be too hard on myself this semester. But next semester is going to be a completely different story!
I would like to say that they tell you college is hard and all, but it's completely different from what you expect.
High School right now, seems like a huge big fat chocolaty piece of cake. It's so easy. But I don't think I could go up to Ashley and tell her that now. She wouldn't understand. You have to be in college to understand how easy we all had it in High School. If only we could have the High School work and the college experience. That would be amazing!
Anyways that's the end of that ramble.
Stay in School.
Thee end.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up, girlie! I totally understand what you're going through! :) You'll make it out alive! :)

    Good luck with finals!!
    -Ash Pow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...