Monday, January 30, 2012

Basketball, Hot Air Balloons (maybe) and a Farewell

*WARNING! THIS IS QUITE LONG!*
 I had a crazy fun weekend! Literally, it was crazy and fun J but also crazy fun.

On Friday I hung out with Christina because she was here at BYU for this UTA thing (not the bus company, I already had to clarify that, its something with Theater) so we walked around campus and ate some lunch together. It was pretty fun, but I did feel like I was in High School again cuz I was with her friends and stuff, but it was still a lot of fun. ;)
After that I went and took a Book of Mormon exam. I got a 89%! Pretty good if you ask me (you have to realized the questions are crazy hard and deep so that doesnt sound that great, but it so was J).
Then, I went to my apartment, grabbed my stuff and headed for home (real home).
I got home and then we (my mom, Katelyn, Mark, Zac¥, and me) went to Ashs game at Murry High School. They won, by quite a lot. Ash still didnt get to play because of her knee because apparently they are saving her for Tuesdays game which will be tough. Oh! Another thing while we were at the game, my mom my wonderful mother really wanted Ash to play because her knee is FINE the physical therapist even said that she could play, but the coach is the one that is holding her back. So, my mom decides to write a note on the back of a program or something saying something along the lines of: I think it would be really great if you played Ashley in this game. It would give her confidence for the next game. Love Kristin Calder, the best mom ever…” Ya I dont exactly remember, but it was something like that. Bad idea. And for the record, I did tell her that it was a horrible. Soooo she folds it into a paper air plane and throws it down to a few of the freshman that were sitting on the bench (luckly it was right when half time started and not in the middle of a game). Shes pretty good at making/throwing paper airplanes, it got right to them. She told them to give it to coach. So they did, but he just glanced at it, we dont even think that he looked at it. But anyways, she didnt play so that did NOT work. But I think she should take it as a compliment because they really need her and want to save her. It drove her completely nuts though.
After that we went home and decided we wanted to play monopoly and have a coconut party. For those of you wondering what a coconut party is, well, I just made it up. I love coconut SO much! So we just wanted to go to the store and get tons of things that had coconut in them like coconunt: m&ms (YUM!), 3 musketeers (yes they have those! And they are WAY good!) and other things plus almond joys.   So we go to wal-mart (word of advice- wal-mart sucks in the candy department, they didnt even have coconut m&ms) and couldnt find anything so we ended up just getting almond joys, cupcakes, pop tarts, mini m&ms, and snowballs (the marshmallow, coconut, chocolate cake, cream wonders). Obviously the whole coconut thing just didnt work. That WILL happen another day I promise you, and youll hear about it ;) so we ate that stuff and played a little monopoly, but we got bored so just ended up talking like we normally do.
Then, Saturday morning is where it gets interesting! We have been planning this hot air balloon ride for the past month (literally) we were supposed to go on the morning of my moms 40th birthday but the weather was bad. So, we re-scheduled for the next week. Cancelled again. Then for a little bit later. Cancelled again. Stupid weather ;) So *FINALLY we were able to go. We got up and left around 6:30 for Park City. We got there it was FREEZING (you know the kind where you can hardly talk and your snot freezes) but we didnt care, we were so excited! They told us that we needed to move over to the next valley (Heber) to be able to do it because the wind was bad there. We followed them there and then waited in the car while they tested the air. It was actually pretty cool because they let up a few normal balloons to see if they could do it. We waited patiently forever in the warm car. Then, the bad news. They said it was too dangerous to go today. Aw man. We were pretty bummed, but it was actually good because then Ash could make it to her basketball practice and I could make it to my workshop for the UPCOMING pageant.


 


But really, although it was a waste of gas, it was worth it. We were in the car FOREVER but we had so much fun laughing and talking together J thats just what we love as a family. Were pretty simple ;)
So I got home and headed to my workshop. It was at the fire station. Woah, back up the workshop are things that are held before the pageant to help prepare. This one was about how to do your make-up and then the introduction number practice. I have to be there, well, kind for fun haha Im not really sure, but its fun! So that was a really good time the girl seem really sweet and nice, there at 14! Thats CRAZY! There were only 8 when I did it. After that I went home and took a (much needed) nap. Then we just relaxed and had fun. I watched the BYU basketball game. It drove me quite crazy. But it was still fun. Then we went to Katelyns game in Spanish Fork (ya, a lot of driving for one day). They lost. 40 something to 4 I think :/
Then we went home and me and Katelyn played SpongeBob monopoly.
Then I went home.
As Im in church the next morning my mom texts me and says we were going to a farewell (we werent planning on going, thats why I went home, but then she decided we should go, ps, I had only been in church for literally 5min and we were 10min late so it was quite embarrassing to come in late and then leave 5 min later). So I drove down to my house and we headed to the farewell. I was an old friend of ours, well, a lot of old friends, their whole family is just amazing and we love them. So we went to that and he did an amazing talk and it was so fun to see all of them. We had a relaxing rest of the day. Played some more monopoly and played settlers with Mark and Logan.
Anyways, thats the end J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...