Sunday, April 1, 2012

Home Videos :)

On Sunday we pulled out the family videos. It was fun to see old flaming gorge skits and trips we've been on. But our favorite thing we found, that we had never seen before, was a video of my mom and dad. I was just a baby and they had put me to bed. It was a Monday night so they were having family night, this one was special though. It started off with them getting the camera situated then laughing and joking like they always did. Then my dad said we are going to sing some songs, but we aren't very good, so please be understanding." Then he said, "This is for Nicole... and the other kids." Ha I love this part, then my mom looks at him like what... and then whispers something like, "other kids." And then he like looks at the camera like oh crap. Ha it makes me laugh every time (ps, Ash was born 9 months later). Then they proceed to sing... well... they try, but they get started and laugh within 2 notes like 3 times. But they finally get it. I love the way they act, it's just like little teenagers that like each other. You can tell that they really love each other and it is super cute :)
They sing, "I Stand All Amazed", "Because I have been given much", and "Love is Spoken here."
I stand all amazed is my dad's favorite song and we actually sang it at his funeral. My dad would also do this thing where during the chorus he would just say "wonderful" after every line and it would make my mom giggle :) so he did that as well...
Because I have been given much is my mom's favorite.
And all of us and my mom and dad have always loved love is spoken here.
We all sat and listened to them sing these to us. We just took in every second of it, not wanting to look away. Besides that it really brings the spirit. After we had already watched it, we started it over and then sang along with them. It was a really special moment for all of us. I then recored it on my phone so I could watch it whenever I wanted.
We then watched even more home videos (most of them were just me as a baby eating... you know how that goes... we have 5 full videos just of my first year)... I really think that we just go addicted... But then Ash and I talked about it later and realized that we really just liked hearing and seeing my dad. We watched even more this weekend... we were going to watch a movie, but then just decided that we wanted to watch more home videos. It's one piece that we have of my dad and we are so glad that we do.
I just think about it and wonder even if my dad or mom were inspired to make this. It brings me more happiness than I can describe and I will forever cherish it. Although it's just a small thing that they did one day for family night, it means so much to us now. I don't think they ever thought about how much it would mean to us later on. I also think about why we just found it now. We have watched home videos before, I just don't think it would have been as special back then. I really needed that at the time we found it and watched it. I needed to see and hear my dad and moms strong testimony through music. It strengthened my testimony and gave me strength to keep looking for someone that will love me as much as my mom loved my dad :)

PS, they were actually pretty good singers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...