Monday, April 23, 2012

The Sacrament


I have never really realized how much the sacrament influences our lives. I hadn’t taken it in 3 weeks (because of conference and the cruise) so this was the first time in a while. It really took a toll on me emotionally and spiritually. Not only that, but I was slacking on reading my scripture reading. I sort of realized that my spirit was starting to dim and that I wasn’t myself anymore. Even my mom had told me after a long talk, that I had lost my light that I always used to have. That hurt me pretty bad. I never wanted to lose the spirit that I had or lose my relationship with my Heavenly Father that was always so strong. But, much to my dismay, I was. I now realize why people always say this is time that you will either grow stronger in the church and in your relationship with your Father in Heaven, or weaker. I could feel that in my own life. I needed to take immediate action. So I prayed long and hard to my Heavenly Father to help me figure out a direction that I needed to take in my life, and for me to find ways to serve others and strengthen my relationship with him. I could feel him listening to every word I had to say. Immediately as I bowed my head I felt his spirit and peace surrounding me. I knew the things I needed to do.

But, I didn’t realize that actually taking the sacrament and repenting of all the things I had done would actually make me feel good as new! It was a indescribable feeling and I knew it was the spirit.
I’m beyond grateful to my Heavenly Father for listing to me, and always being there for me. I will be eternally grateful to my brother Jesus Christ for giving his life for me and atoning for all of my sins as well as everyone else’s so I can have that feeling of peace and have the chance to start over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...