Monday, December 17, 2012

I just love my Primary kids!

Only two more Sunday's till my little friends move on to another class :'(
I have grown very attached to these kids! Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy trying to teach them, have fun, be their friend, and keep them quiet, but it has been worth every minute! I teach the gospel in simple ways and they always have questions that I can answer, and I know that is because I pray every Saturday night that I will be able to teach with the spirit and be able to teach them the things that they need to know. I really feel like a missionary when I teach them though! They have the cutest questions about heaven, Jesus, the scriptures, and even things like clothes, candy, and hair that don't even pertain to the lesson :)
They have defiantly taught me more than I could ever teach them. Their sweet spirits and testimonies shine through as they say prayers, give talks, help each other, and always listen close and talk nicely of Jesus. They love and know their Savior and have helped me realize how simple and sweet this gospel is. That is why we are supposed to become as a little child to enter into the kingdom of God. Matthew 18:1-5
Sometimes parents might think that they aren't doing a good enough job, but trust me, I can see it. You are :)


*I really wanted to share this hilarious story that got me laughing so hard in church that I was crying...

They really like to play hangman. A lot.
This is kind of how it goes- They stand on the table. They either whisper a word to me that they want to do, or they tell me to tell them a word. Then I tell them how many lines to draw. Then all the kids will start guessing words. Every round I have to remind them that they need to guess letters. Once they start guessing letters then sometimes I will have to tell them where that letter is on their lines. Believe it or not they are actually pretty good at guessing the words! Zach was helping me teach last week and they all guessed the words even before him! There are 4 words that get used EVERY SINGLE TIME: resurrection (I might have drilled that word into their heads one lesson. Now they all just want to use it), The Book of Mormon (because they think it's long and they know how to spell it), church (they know how to spell it... most of the time... this last time it didn't start with a C), and cat (that story is coming up).
So the last 2 times we have played it was James turn. He got up there and I asked him if he needed help. He says, "Nope! I've got a really good word!" Both of these times he has put up 3 lines. The first time it took a few tries for them to get the word CAT.
The next time we played, he did the same thing. The other kids got it a little faster.
Yesterday was the funniest thing ever, he gets up there and says, "I have one and it's going to fool everyone!" I mouth or whisper to Zach, "I promise it will be CAT." He laughs and then goes, "You're sure? Like, without a doubt?" I go, "he's done it every time. "I KNOW it will be."
James draws FOUR lines!
My jaw dropped and Zach just started laughing.
There was one kid who guessed like P or something.
James drew a head.
Then all in unison, almost every single kid goes, "CAT!"
James sighs and writes CAT....
Yes. I know what you are thinking... there were still 4 lines. But it still was CAT! So he didn't fool the other kids, but he sure did fool me and Zach!!!
We laughed and laughed for a long time. The other kids didn't get what was so funny... I just told James that was a very good word and I was proud of him for doing it on his own. He was still happy :)
But seriously.
If only you knew....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...