Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012!

This year we decided to do homemade gifts. Christmas never really is a huge thing in my family. Well- at least it hasn't been for the past few years. That probably has something to do with us getting old and such... we kind of get things that we want in the year so we never need anything when it comes to Christmas. Like we couldn't even think of anything to ask for. Well- ok I could. I wanted luggage and a camera for my mission. But I just asked that if I were to get anything that I would be able to use on my  mission. That happened :)
We also got to do some sub for santa things for my moms work. We went to walmart and picked out cute things for little girls and boys ;) we really loved that part!
But anyways... I made my sisters these mini Book of Mormon cases... I guess you could call them. I figured out a pattern for a box that a mini BOM would fit just right in. Then I picked out cute paper for each of them, cut them out, printed part of a scripture on the front (Mosiah 18:9), laminated them, put ribbon on them so the Book wouldn't fall out, and made book marks with a quote by President Eyring on them. Then I made a list of 14 of my favorite scriptures and wrote it on each of the back and wrote my testimony to them in the front. It really made my Christmas season more meaningful and fun :) I got 2 super cute homemade scarfs from Katelyn, a beautiful picture of the Salt Lake temple that Ash took and had a quote put on it, super warm homemade pajama bottoms from Karly, and tons of cute homemade earrings that will be perfect for my mission from my mom :) our stockings had tons of fun treats and also some new undershirts, tights, leggings, and jewelry for all of us.
Over all it was very simple and memorable :)
Our cousins at the annual Bezzant Christmas party in their ugly sweaters :)

Footie pajamas  

What time we woke up on  Christmas morning :) 

Uh.... 


The nativity play

Ash shoveling my grandmas driveway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...