Monday, December 3, 2012

13 things you might not know about my dad...

My dad's mission picture and him a little bit before he passed away :)

I know that I have a lot of post about my dad... but it's a good way for me to remember him! You really don't have to read it- it's just for my own benefit :)

A Million things you might have not know about my dad:

1. He loved the Savior and the church more than anything else and he would show it in the way he lived his every day life.
2. The only thing that comes as a really close second to the gospel is my sweet mom. He cherished every moment they had together and would always hug her close and tell her how much he loved her. Even if it grossed us out.
3. He was the greatest dad in the whole entire world. I never had any doubt that he loved me more than I could ever comprehend. He would always hug me and would tell me that he loved me without fail every single day. And it never got old.
4. He had hair. And lots of it. Yep. I know it's a big surprise to most people, but he actually started shaving his head before he even had cancer.
5. He was neighborhood wide known as THEE "tickle monster." We would all run and hide from him while he ticked us to death.
6. He could make anybody laugh. Especially my mom. I think I've already said this in a previous post, but he REALLY could make my mom laugh. He would just start laughing really hard and it would get them both going until neither could breathe.
7. I know some people don't believe in "true love" or "soul mates" or even just the thought of someone else loving someone more than anything else. But that's what my parents were. And I never doubted it.
8. My dad made an impact on every single person he came in contact with. He loved everyone and never said anything bad another person.
9. We would always pray together. He would gather us around and we all knew our night of the week and he would ask us to say the family prayer. Then we would have a big family hug.
10. He loved his family. I don't mean just us, I mean the whole extended family. He loved and treasured his mom and always treated her like a queen as he did my mom, and he loved to do everything and anything with his dad. He loved all of his siblings more than anything. Especially his brother, best friend and partner in crime Dale. They did everything together. They even literally had the same job- just at different stores.
11. He was amazing at every single sport. Especially basketball.
12. He was super competitive.
13. He served an 18 month mission in Tulsa Oklahoma (18 months because literally for like 2 years they tested the 18 months out... and he just happened to serve at the same time)

Hahahahaha I'm pretty sure that I have said all of those already... oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...