Friday, December 7, 2012

Spanish???

So I went to the temple for the second time with my cousin today. I had an amazing time and was able to learn a lot because it wasn't as nerve racking and I could actually pay attention. I still have SO much more to learn in the temple though! It's such an amazing place! I'm so glad that I get to go a lot before my mission. My goal is to go at least once a week, but more if I can! 
I've been having thoughts and impressions lately that I need to study/learn Spanish before I leave. At first I just put it off and thought that I was being crazy. But today in the temple, I just knew that I needed to. And from what we learn from President Monson is that we should NEVER IGNORE IMPRESSIONS/THE SPIRIT. I have no idea if I will even use it on my mission. I have just heard of so may missionaries getting called to Florida (Tampa even) Spanish speaking. I just want to be prepared. I don't want to miss an opportunity to teach and share my testimony of the gospel just because I don't know the language. Plus- I have heard that there are A LOT of people who speak Spanish who live in Florida. 
I know you probably think I'm crazy and that I'm not going to learn the language before April. But I trust in my Heavenly Father that if he asks/prompts/inspires me to do something, that with him I can accomplish it. No matter what. I have full faith that I will learn at least what I need to know, if I do all that I can, have faith, and trust and rely completely on our Heavenly Father. 
He knows exactly what we need. I know that he will lead and guide me to people that need to hear the gospel at this time. I know I say this at the end of every post like this- BUT I SERIOUSLY CANNOT EVEN WAIT!!!
Oh and I just wanted to thank my Sister Ashley and my friends Hailee, Jackie, and Kailey for helping me through these past couple of hard days when my mom hasn't really been avaliable. I couldn't do it without you guys! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...