Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mom's Birthday :)

Yesterday was my mom's BIG 40th birthday! Hahaha this may sound weird, but I feel older now because of her birthday! I can't imagine how she's feeling... ;)
I'd like to apologize in advance, I didn't take that many pictures, and I'm kind of mad at myself for it :P

My mom loves hot air balloons. She's like a little kid when it come to them actually, she will literally scream and freak out. We have to calm her down. It's great. So, we had a few plans for her birthday this year because it was especially big (even bigger than my 16th birthday if I might add). My mom's first plan, she wanted to drive Navoo down to the night before her birthday and spend some days there. I was way excited for this plan, I adore traveling anywhere, especially if it is a road trip. That plan failed because Ash has basketball stuff :P (as always, that's why we can never go anywhere in the winter, and cuz of my mom's work).
Next plan, ride a hot air balloon. Of course this would be one of the options. This one actually worked though! We woke up at 5:00am on her birthday. It was in Park City where we were going to go. So we start heading there, we were about half way there and they people called and said that we wouldn't be able to do it because there was a storm coming and there were high winds. We sadly turned around and went home. My mom was really bummed, but we are going tomorrow on Katelyn's birthday instead. So that worked out ok ;)
So the rest of the day we came home, and took  nap. My mom decided that what she wanted to do for her 40th birthday for some crazy reason was get a mammogram. Who does that really. Talk about ouch. But it really was because my aunt Rachel works at the hospital and it was "walk in Wednesday's" and my aunt could do it for her. Still... some birthday present ;)
So while she was out me and sisters cleaned up the house really good and then when she came we gave her feet and hand massages (I know, hand massage... it's weird, but she loves it...) and a manicure and pedicure. She loved it. That's one of her favorite things. Then we got ready and decorated for her party her sisters were throwing for her here. Then we had the party and it was pretty entertaining and fun :)
Her presents from my aunts. Of course.
She loved them.


She didn't really like her hat... she started to chew on it ;)

I'm actually surprised we didn't get the cops called on us, we were playing loud games and stuff. I couldn't hear myself think, but it was great!

All we really did way play games and eat food. But that's the best times. One of the funniest times of the night was when my mom and a few of her sisters played just dance... some for the first time. Talk about peeing in your pants! We couldn't stop laughing!!! It was hilarious and so much fun ;) I do have a video, but for some reason can't upload it...


So that was pretty much the day :) it was great. I love my mom so much and I'm glad she had such a good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...