Thursday, December 15, 2011

Temples :D



Salt Lake Temple 
Temples are just purely amazing. They are beautiful inside and out. Every time I go I feel a sense of peace and happiness. They never cease to amaze me.

My favorite temple is the Salt Lake. Not only because it looks like a castle, but because it was build by the pioneers and it just is awesome!
Melbourne Australia Temple
But another one of my favorites is the Melbourne Australia temple. This became my favorite when I was just searching through the pictures of the temples and I just think it is very beautiful and I bet all the temple workers, and the people that go there have amazing Australian accents. 

So I had the opportunity to attend the temple  on Thursday with my ward, and then again on Saturday with my family.
Draper Temple
On Thursday we went to the Draper temple (another one of my favorites). It was a long drive from Provo. But it was fun to laugh and talk with the girls. There were only 5 of us that ended up showing up for baptisms. We had another group from our ward go to the same temple to do endowments earlier. So we all drove in the same car and talked… a lot, like what girls do. We got there, took a picture, and went in. It was even more beautiful because we got there at about 7:30pm and it was dark and the houses around it had pretty Christmas lights. It was great. So we went it and not a lot of people were there, so it was really quiet and I could feel the spirit so strongly. But I could especially feel the spirit of the people that I would be confirmed and baptized for. It was amazing as always J But something else that made this trip even more special was that I have always hoped that when the old people are confirming of baptizing me that one of them will recognize my last name and know my grandpa or Dad or something. It hadn’t happened until now.
It wasn’t really what I was expecting, but the old man said, “Hey Calder I know that name. We might be related.” My heart raced! I was so excited for some reason. We talked, he might be related, but we don’t know. He didn’t know my Dad or grandpa or anyone in my immediate family, but he had old relatives that were Calder’s so you never know! I think I will see that man in the eternities, and it will be just like the temple J  
Another cool thing was that I got to have people (men) my age actually baptize me, and that’s never happened before. It was guys from our ward, and that just made it even more special J   
Then we met up with the other part of our ward at In and Out and laughed and ate food at like 9:00 in the night. It was great fun. ;)



Timp Temple


Then on Saturday was really when I had one of the most spiritual experiences that I have ever had in the temple (the best part is, I know there are plenty more to come that might even be more spiritual like getting my endowments and marriage). So we went at 7:00 in the morning so my mom and cousin could get to an endowment session. So me and my sisters (Katelyn wasn’t there, she didn’t have a recommend, or a least that she could find) went down to do baptisms. It was amazing the immediate peace I felt. I hadn’t had the best week (as you know aka. Car accident) so it was really nice to feel that. We got dressed and then went to do confirmations. While we were doing it they had some people who were being baptized for the first time, it looked like, and they were Spanish speaking. So, they switched the paper in their to the Spanish words and we got to sit and listen to them say the pray in Spanish. It was really cool and the sprit was overwhelming! It just really showed that God speaks and understands all languages and it was just amazing!
Then, a teenage boy and his father came in the room and they asked if they could go. We said yes of course, I mean, who doesn’t want to be in the fabulous temple for a shorter time than you have to be. So, we waited for them to go. They had a family name, but only one. So, they went in and the Dad baptized the son for the one name. Then they went right out of the font, the boy sat on a chair and the Dad got ready to confirm him. They asked the dad if he needed the name and he said no. Right at that moment and when he was confirming him the spirit was incredibly strong and it really felt like heaven was so close.
I’m actually super surprised that I didn’t cry, my sister Ash was though. The dad was also crying so obviously it was someone in their family that passed away at least a year ago. Plus, the name was very modern.
So that was amazing. Then we had to wait for my mom and cousin to come out of doing endowments so we waited in the waiting room for about an hour and while we were waiting we saw a cute little family going in. Probably to be sealed together =] But we didn’t see a wedding :( oh well, that’s ok. It was still amazing! I don’t know how anyone could fall away from the gospel after even looking at the temple! It’s just such an amazing place!




The end :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...