Friday, February 3, 2012

Thunder Ridge

Well, sadly there is exactly one month until my reign as Miss. Saratoga Springs is over. I know. I feel like crying too. Ok but really, I sort of do, it's been so much fun and I don' want to give it up! I have been able to participate and help with so many things! Today was one of my favorite things to do though... ;)


I was invited to go to Thunder Ridge Elementary and help them out with their reading super bowl :) I'd first like to say, this was such a good idea and the person that thought of it is a complete genius! So all the teachers and the principal read this book and they had kind of a jeopardy type thing where the faculty was against the principal with questions from the book. Then earlier they had competitions with the different grade with who could read the most so they announced those as well. 
But on the beginning, I walking the school and the kids were walking folding their arms in a line to the lunch room. Ha you know how long the lines are, I didn't want to mess them up so I just waiting there. Ha then the little girls were staring at me and whispering to their friends and stuff ;) it was so cute! Then I waited in the faculty room for it to start. 
They made me a "float" (aka, the zamboni thing they use to clean the floors with). IT WAS AMAZING!!! I loved it more than anything! The best float anyone could ever ask for! ;) TRULY! 
So I went in and they were all cheering for me like I was a real celebrity!! Ha I couldn't stop laughing! It was all just so silly! But then I went up and I threw the football to the principal kind of like what they do in the super bowl I think... ;)
Then I helped keep score for the whole thing :) It was AMAZING! I know I keep saying that! But seriously, SO MUCH FUN! Totally made my week! 







Oh ya, and I wore my converse with my dress  :) everyone loved it ;) 




Oh PLUS my 5th grade teacher was there! I kept looking at her trying to remember where I had seen her! It was freaking me out! Then afterwords, she came up and said, "Nicole! Do you remember me?" I was like yes but I can't remember where from and it's driving me crazy!" 
She then said, "I was your 5th grade teacher!" 
I FREAKED out! 
Isn't that crazy!? AH! She remembered me and my full name! NOW THAT's A GOOD TEACHER! ;) 


Obviously, it was amazing! More to come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...