Sunday, February 5, 2012

3 second glimpse

When I was on my little car ride a couple weeks ago I had a really spiritual experience as you can see. But, there was one thing that I was reminded of yesterday that I forgot to share that I think changed my view of many things for life. 
While I was driving I couldn't stop thinking of my family and how much I love them. I love them all more than I could ever explain to anyone. Every single one of them makes my life better and I have never been able to imagine my life without them. 
Except when I was driving home that night I imagined my life without them. It only lasted about 3 seconds, thankfully. That's what got me crying. My brain and heart literally could not think of my life without them. But in those 3 seconds I felt pain like I had never felt before. My life without them would be the worst thing that could ever happen. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 
So my sister Karly bore her testimony in church today. I haven't cried in a testimony in a while. I'm just not a huge crier, but I couldn't control myself after she said "I know families are forever, and I can't imagine my life without them." That was exactly what I was thinking of last night so it was a sensitive subject and really got to me. I really needed to hear that, because I CANNOT imagine the eternities without them.
I would die in an instant for any one of them without hesitation. But those 3 seconds really had an impact on me because it makes me want to be better to them and cherish the time I have with them now, before it's gone. Because that time could be 40 years from now, or 4 days from now. Every second counts, I don't want to waste any of those precious seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...