Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nice Men and Spiritual Thoughts

Last night I really wanted to ride my scooter. I have just been itching to get on it since this beautiful weather has started. But, it's been being really weird and been having some problems... I can't start it electronically (or whatever you call it), so I kick started it. It's starts fine and runs fine, but after it starts going if you aren't continually giving it gas it will slowly die out. So I got it started and thought that if I just rode it around for a  while and just giving it gas on the stop lights that it would get "warmed up" and finally work. So I headed off. I was just a little ways from my apartment and then it died at the stop light, even though I was sort of giving it gas. Luckily there were no cars coming the other way so I ran it up on the side walk and tried kick starting again. You have to remember, I really stink at kick starting it so I probably looked like a complete fool. But then a nice man stopped his car and asked if I needed some help. Then 2 seconds later another man stopped his car and asked again. They were actually friends and had just gotten done rock climbing together. They told me where they rock climb at a place called the cove or something. I remembered my visiting teacher was a hard core rock climber and I asked them if they knew her. They smiled and said ya! We know Jenny! We love her! Hahaha we laughed about the thought of how small the world is ;)
Just my luck one of the guys had a truck and had motorcycles and just happened to have a ramp in the back of his car. So after they tried to help me start it they put it in his truck and gave me a ride home. I was so grateful! Then they took it off the truck and the one that had the ramp (his name was Matt and the other one Austin) actually started it and tried to help me figure out the problem. He works on motorcycles for a living. Of course. So he even filled up my gas to see if the gas was just old and that didn't work. Then he figured out the problem, something just needed to be cleaned out. Then he gave me his number and told me he could actually do it for me this weekend if I wanted. HOLY COW! How nice! I felt so blessed! Heavenly Father is really looking out for me! It must have been me praying before riding to keep me safe ;) I just know that he is always with me and that if I listen, I can hear him. I'm so grateful for those men who helped me and listened to that small prompting that they had. Even if they weren't members of the church. I believe that my Heavenly Father was looking out for me and gave them a prompting. He knows us, and knows our needs, and if we are following Him and have our hearts in the right place he will help us along the way, even if we make mistakes. No matter how simple it is, He will be there and help us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...