Thursday, March 15, 2012

Teaching Relief Society....

So, I've never taught before. Well, I have sort of, but not a bunch of people that are older than me.
So last weekend I was given the opportunity to teach a bunch of relief society teachers about how to keep their kids off drugs. I got this assignment in 2 ways. 1. My mom is in the stake relief society presidency, and 2. my platform as Miss. Saratoga Springs was love life live it drug free or something like that.
So I was able to teach them and I made 10 points on how to do that and things like that. It was fun and I felt like I did a pretty good job. I learned a lot as I studied as well as taught. My mom also co-taught with me and se talked about things she did or is doing as a parent now. I think it really helped the sisters and it was a great opportunity for me. :)
Then we had a key-note speaker when all the classes were done. She was amazing and I would do anything to have her job. She works in hospitals and helps families/moms that have just given birth or are about to give birth to a pre-mature baby. I think... I can't remember exactly what she and her co-worker do, but they provide things for the moms and the babies and they help the family thought the hard time. It was amazing to hear her stories and give us advice about these special moms/families. It was very spiritual and I learned a lot! It just shows us how the spirit can speak to us in so many different ways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...