Sunday, October 21, 2012

Jazz Game!

I test drove a car about a month ago and I got Jazz tickets because I did! I'm really glad that I actually didn't buy the car though! I almost did. I was so close. But I know that my mom was listening to spirit when she told that it probably wasn't a good idea. I don't know what I'd do right now if I had a car. I'm already stressing about selling my contract. Imagine trying to sell a car.
Anyways. So the Jazz game.
Ash and I headed down there right after I got home from work on Saturday. My mom told us we should ride the tracks so that we didn't have to find parking. We got to the tracks station and had NOOOO idea what we were doing. Like seriously. No idea. This guy could even tell, he told us what bus to get on. We got on that bus. But- he must have been confused because it was going South. Good thing the Lady told us. Hahaha we even talked about what we would have done if it started going the wrong way. Not a good idea.
So then we decided to get on the next one. We were still freaking out, thinking it was the wrong one again. Finally the announcer dude said that it was going to SLC and we took a big sigh of relief.
I thought I was going to die. Believe it or not I have never even rode the tracks (is that correct grammar??? Who knows). Actually, it probably is obvious because of all of the dumb things I just told you. Anyways. We met two missionaries. They were so cool. To me, missionaries seem like celebrities. And they always have. But even more so now! I talked to him the whole ride. He told me about how when he got his call to Salt Lake he was a little disappointed. He's been out 5 months and he says that it really is the best mission. I told him everyone says that. But he convinced me that it really is the best one. I totally believe him. Their goal is to baptize at least one person A WEEK. That is crazy! And they usually meet that goal! I know that Salt Lake is the most successful mission. But I didn't know it was THAT successful! They were actually on their way to take a family that they were going to baptize this upcoming week to temple square. We talked about everything. I even asked him for advice. He told me that I needed to read the Book of Mormon at least 3 times. I'm almost done with my fourth time. Then he said to start reading Preach my Gospel, which I have started doing as well, and said to read Chapter 3 over and over again. It was so much fun talking to them and I also talked to this other guy for a while and this other couple. I can't wait to just be able to talk to people about the Gospel all the time!
Row 3. 

Ya. We made it on the tracks. We think... 

At the game :)


So we finally got to the Jazz game. We had so much fun! We were a little late because of our track issues, but we still made it. We had really high nose bleed sections. My mom was on the third row. Like THEE third row. One of her friends won tickets from his work. They were worth 660$. It was insane. We went down there at the fourth quarter because they had some seats. We couldn't keep our mouths closed. It was amazing. WE COULD SMELL THE PLAYERS! We were in awe. It was so close. And so real. I can't even explain. I didn't realize how much I missed basketball. But ya. We had such a good time. I love spending time with my sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...