Sunday, October 21, 2012

Memory #4

My family and I went on this trip to Yellow Stone in 2010. I was dating Austin, so he came. My mom was dating this other guy, so he and his daughter came. It was such a fun trip. We stayed in a cabin and just did all that stuff you do at Yellowstone... 
But the memory I wanted to tell about is something that happened there. My scriptures are my most valuable possession. If there was a fire, I'd probably grab my scriptures, my journal, and my pictures. Scriptures being first. I brought them on our vacation and didn't realize till we were on our way home that I had left them in our hotel room the night before. I was furious. I freaked out till we called the hotel and even drove back to look for them (we were only about 45min out). We did everything we could to find them. Even days after we were home my mom would call the hotel every day to see if they had found them. I was so mad. Those scriptures were the ones I had all through seminary (except for my senior year). They were all marked up and had so many notes and bookmarks in them. All I could think about was the negative things. I was being so selfish. I was angry with myself and "whoever" took my scriptures. 
After a while I finally calmed down about it and realized that this could have been a huge opportunity in my life. Someone that really needed to hear about the gospel could have found my scriptures. Maybe the maid took them, or someone else. I changed my attitude. Now I like to think that someone found my scriptures and could have found the gospel through me. Even if not, it has given me a chance to start with a blank slate and write in my scriptures even more now. I hope in heaven I can find out what happened to them. Even if it was nothing. I know that this was a blessing in my life and that it was meant to happen. :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...