Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Relief Society Broadcast



I absolutely LOVED the Relief Society broadcast. Especially because I got to spend it with one of the most amazing women I know. :) I have made it a goal/tradition to always go to the brodcast with my mother. No matter how old I am. Yes, I know there will be exceptions, but I'm still going to try my hardest to always be there and spend that time with her. Maybe when all my sisters get older we can just make it one big fun day :)
This was one of my favorite quotes and I will probably remember it for the rest of my life-
"Things that aren't fair in this life will be made up in the next through the atonement."-Sister Linda K. Burton 
I couldn't help but think of my dad as I was listening to her talk. It's been kind of a sensitive subject and it always is around this time of the year. I miss him more than ever. I like how she said that it isn't fair. Well- I know that it isn't fair for me. Even Heavenly Father knows that it isn't fair for me not to have a dad here on earth. But isn't it even better that I have 2 fantastic dads waiting for me up in heaven? I can't wait to run and huge them both with tears of complete joy in my eyes. Our kind loving Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. Although it isn't always in sight and may not always be obvious, He knows us, and knows our wants and needs. It is going to be challenging. I can promise you that. I struggle almost every single day with not having my dad to call or cry to or even talk to. The thing that hurts the most is seeing my wonderful mother. I know she hurts more than anyone. But she stays strong and always has a positive attitude. You can see the hurt in her eyes sometimes. But She knows that it is our plan. I admire her and don't know how she does it. But she is teaching me to be strong. There are weak moments, but nothing that would ever shake my faith because of the example of my savior, mom, and dad. 


I also loved another quote- 
"We can feel of their love and compassion through our sorrows."
Their meaning our Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ. I never even thought about it that way. When I feel sad my first instinct isn't always to turn and talk to my Father in Heaven. But it should be, because we know that they are crying with us or empathizing with us. They care so much about our lives and want to be a part of it. 

The last thing was my sister Karly went to homecoming with Daxton :) She had a great time and I'm sure that she will remember it for a long time! I love her and am so happy for her! Plus- she looked so pretty in her dress :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...