Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Start :)

It's so funny how everything in my life has changed so quickly. School was my number one priority 5 days ago. I had been working so hard to get my GPA up and trying to figure out what classes I was going to be taking next semester. I was also trying to figure out how I could graduate so I could go on my mission as soon as I could but finish school before I left. Boys were my close second to school. I was looking to date someone seriously, but also just trying to let things happen and let to Lord guide my choices. School and a social life was taking over my life.
But now that I'm going on a mission EVERYTHING has changed.
Now school is kind of on the back burner (not so much that I'm not going to finish or pass) and my mission is all I'm worrying about. Believe it or not boys haven't even entered my mind since Saturday! Actually- I want to just stay away from them so there isn't any chance that I find that "one" and I don't get to go. I just want to scream the gospel to the world! I cannot wait. I just want to leave now. But I know I'm not ready. My bishop gave me some great advice to do while I'm preparing and I just know that he is inspired and called of God. I needed to hear those things. Because I have been slacking just a little bit on my prayers and I needed a way to make them more meaningful and personal. He gave me just the answer, which is actually the first advice. He told me that I needed to ask Heavenly Father to guide my life. Ask him for things specifically. Like asking me to have him help me find those I can teach, or find people to serve. Things like that in my everyday prayers, mornings especially will help.
You know what else I feel really lucky to have. My dad. I feel extremely lucky that I get to have him with me every step of the way on my mission. That is a huge blessing. I love him so much.

But I can already tell Satan is working on me. Well really- he's been after me my whole life, but I can feel it more lately. It really is true what all the missionaries go through. For me, it's just making my testimony stronger. I feel like I can conquer the world. He is angry right now. Especially with everything with politics, new missionaries, new temples. Everything. But that just means that we have more people to conquer him! We can do it. The last days are coming. It may seem scary, but it's coming! It may not be while we are alive, but we are definitely preparing, being prepared, and being prepared to teach our children. I dunno about you, but I can't wait!
Like they say in Hairspray... "You can either fight it, or rock out to it!"
I have to say... I think the LDS church is for sure rocking out to it! :)

Alma 29:9 "Perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...