Friday, May 18, 2012

Fun.


Andrew and Zach are awesome.
The only problem is, they listen to music that I really do not like. I am for sure a county girl. But NOT a alternative, indie, folk rock, weird, creepy kinda music girl. At. All. But, to be fair, apparently there is a new thing we do when we get into the car.
It goes a little like this,
Nicole- “I’m pretty sure it’s my turn to go first.”
Andrew and Zach- “Ugggg. Fine.”
Nicole- “(silent yessssss again) Ok I pick Rascal Flatts.”
*the song is going at this point. They are groaning through the whole thing while I turn it up as loud as I can while singing along.
As the song is half way done…
Zach- “Andrew, what do you wanna listen to?”
Andrew- “Something fun.”
*now this is where it gets interesting, here Zach will either turn on fun. or will turn on something that I actually like to listen to (bonus for me) like wicked, hairspray or something of that sort. Or, he’ll do exactly what I dread every time it comes to either of their turns. Turn on fun.
Depending on which song Zach picks Andrew will either be like, “this is not what I meant.” Or “oh I love this one!”
Nicole- *groaning “fine”
Halfway though the song…
Zach- (ok he doesn’t even say anything. We all know what’s coming… fun.”
So I sit though it singing my own song in my head while they jam out to fun.
(I have to put some input in on this… Zach converted Andrew to fun. which makes me super mad. Blah. Whatever)
Then it comes right back to me. Yes.

So that’s pretty much the story of the car rides we go on together. The same thing everytime.
Untillllllll last time.
I had a stupid fun. song stuck in my head because of these car rides. Great. So, this might sound a little crazy, but to get songs out of my head I have to listen to them. Plus, I really just kind of (kind of kind of) like this fun. song…. (do not tell anyone I said this…)
So, on my turn, I picked a fun. song. Zach almost cried and I think Andrew was cheering. I think it was one of their proudest moments… (it so wasn’t, but maybe the proudest of the day).
Now don’t think I’m a fun. person now. Cuz I’m not.
I adore “We are Young” and “One foot” but that’s about it!
And that’s the end!
I hope… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...