Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I want to be a missionary!

Seriously! This statement is beyond true!
On Monday Andrew, Zach, and I went to volunteer at the MTC.
I would first like to thank Sister. Jacknavorian for telling me about it. She actually is a missionary there with her husband (they are hilarious btw). She is there on Monday's and she told me I needed to come because it was fun and an amazing experience. I had heard of people in my old singles ward doing it, and I always wanted to! So, since I've hardly been doing anything all week I decided that I should give it a try.
So I invited Andrew because he's leaving soon on his mission to The Philippines'. He was beyond excited (who wouldn't be ;))! So then I decided to also invite Zach who will be going on a mission soon as well. I pretty much had to drag him, but I'm sure he was thankful in the end!
We got there and I scoped the premises for Elder Archuleta (who wouldn't!). No luck. No surprise.
So we got in and they gave us instructions. We were friends from High School who went to college together and had been forced to go to church our whole lives, and fell away when we got to college. It was actually pretty hard to act. The missionaries came in and they were so nice! They asked us about school and what we were doing and things. We told them. We couldn't lie. But, we were supposed to, so we tried. Hahaha actually, we ended up telling them that we were supposed to play less actives, but we couldn't do it. They told us to just be ourselves. So, we did.
The spirit was so strong! They shared their testimonies and scriptures with us! They didn't even follow the lesson plan like they were supposed to! One of them even started to cry he was so touched by the spirit. I seriously couldn't believe how strong the spirit was in that room. They shared personal experiences and taught us a lot! We loved them! I cannot even describe how amazing they were, and how amazing the experience was for all of us.
We were so glad we came!
We signed up to be regulars we loved it so much!
OH! And in case you were wondering, the missionaries didn't get in trouble, neither did we, for not following the "script." They actually watch you through a camera, so we knew...
We told the worker and he said he was watching the whole time and that we actually did really good. Mainly because they are trying to teach the missionaries to teach by revelation and inspiration.
THEY SURE DID THAT!
So the worker was impressed and said it was amazing to watch.
Man. I want to go back and live that moment. It was a blast! We can't wait to go back next week!

But, about the whole, me being a missionary thing... I really do! I even told the missionaries that I wanted to be a missionary so bad... if only I was a boy... I wouldn't have to wait as long!
But they said that they could see me as a really good missionary because I shared my testimony with them  :) that made me so happy! Plus, they were really impressed with Andrew and Zach and their amazing testimonies. So was I! As always! I love those guys!

OK, back to this whole, I wanna be a missionary thing. I really do! I want to go right now! I want to have the same experience I did with Jackie + more! I want to teach and lead people. The gospel changes lives and I know that for a fact! I love this church and I just want to share it with the world! I was extremely jealous of those amazing missionaries! I can't wait to get to that point in my life where I can send in my papers and serve my Heavenly Father! :)
Don't worry, I have plans to get there.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...