Friday, May 18, 2012

Fasting-not always what it seems


Sometimes fasting isn’t quite what we expect. Most of the time we fast for someone who’s sick, struggling, or something along those lines.
This fast was just like any other. I was fasting for my very best friend to receive his mission call. I don’t think I’ve ever thought about someone while fasting for them as much as I did this time. Every 5min I would just pray and plead with my Father in Heaven to give him the call or help him feel peace. I thought for sure it would work. I knew my faith was strong enough, but it was still His way. I made sure to still leave it in His hands. The call didn’t come. At first I was mad and just wanted to cry. I had been fasting. It should have worked. But I didn’t know till later that it actually had, it just wasn’t exactly what I had been praying for. My friend was about to give up and just be done trying to go on a mission, but then he remembered that I was fasting for him, and he just couldn’t do it.
My fasting was the reason that he didn’t give up.
When he told me this, it almost brought tears to my eyes. My fasting had worked. Well, of course it did, it always does and I know that. But this time it was different. Because I was fasting my friend didn’t give up. And that was really what I was fasting for in the end. It was such a huge testimony builder to me that our Father in Heaven knows so much more than we do and he knows what we need. Neither of us would have had that faith building experience if he would have just gotten his call.
Heavenly Father’s way is always right, even though it might be really hard in the moment, it’s always worth it in the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...