Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lost Wallet-For the STRENGTH of Youth!

I swear this story I am about to tell is meant to be in the New Era or something...
So today I was being really dumb. I don't use a purse to carry my stuff, I just carry my wallet. I've never really lost it for reals before. But, I usually just leave it on my counter, my mom told me I needed to stop leaving it places... good advice...
So Andrew, Zach and I were working on my scooter. Excuse me, I need to rephrase that, I was watching Andrew and Zach work on my scooter. We had just gotten back from getting the new battery and I just set my wallet on the top of my mom's car because I was lazy and didn't want to put it inside.
Then for the next hour I kept thinking that I needed to put it inside. I really should have followed that prompting!
My mom left, and she took the car...
I didn't even think about it till we were about to head to Walmart... to buy... a pineapple... and I screamed! I hadn't taken the wallet off! I immediately called my mom and told her. The wallet wasn't still on the top of the car (I guess that makes sense... but you never know) and it wasn't in the car.
I started freaking out! Especially because just the night before, literally, I was thinking of how bad it would be for me to lose my wallet because there was a lot of valuable stuff in there.
As I was in my panic mode I remembered to pray. I knew that if I prayed Heavenly Father would either direct me to my wallet or let me know what to do if I didn't find it. I prayed for him to help me listen to the spirit and be sensitive to it. Also, to help me know what to do and where to look being guided by the spirit. I knew he could help me. I had full faith in him. I normally would do all I could and then pray, but this was a little different because it was so crucial that I found it soon before someone else did.
We drove where my mom had driven because she was still gone. I was going pretty slow on pioneer and redwood looking on the side for any signs of it. I was not going to lose hope! I knew we would find it! We drove all the way down pioneer crossing, no sign of it. I was actually starting to doubt at this point and planning in my mind what I would do first when we got back home. But then Zach said I think we should go on the freeway just at least to the next exit. I thought it sounded crazy because I thought it was impossible that it could have lasted that long on top of the car. But, I went anyways. I was willing to try anything at this point. We were driving on the freeway and guess what we saw on the side of the road? MY WALLET! Yes! We all almost screamed at once, "THERE IT IS!"
I could hardly control myself! I didn't really know what to do, I couldn't just stop there, luckily since there was construction, there was an emergency pull out about a half a mile from it. We stopped in there and Andrew and Zach ran to go and get it. They got it and looked for my belongings that had come out of it, which was everything. Nothing was in it when they first picked it up. But they found a few things, probably the most worthless out of everything (cafe rio card with 2 stamps, office depot gift card, total scrubs card with one stamp, and my BYU I.D card), but that was fine with me! At least I knew what had happened to it! They also would have kept looking, but a construction person came and told them they couldn't be there. Thank you construction because I don't think we would have found my wallet if you didn't have half the freeway blocked off... or it wouldn't have survived.... but no thanks for not letting us look for my stuff.... you weren't even doing construction anywhere near where we were...
I thanked my Heavenly Father for always being there and helping me even when I make mistakes. He loves me so much I can hardly believe it. Prayer works and is real!

It was beyond ruined!

Even the metal was bent, all the change was out... 

It was a mess. 


But, here's the cool part, there was one more thing that was in the wallet when they found it, my little for strength of youth book. I know I'm not a youth anymore, but I keep it with me always anyways, just in case. It was completely untouched. Literally. My BYU card and my gift card were almost ripped to shreds and you couldn't even use them- and they were plastic.

The for strength of youth packet was really small flimsy paper. I couldn't believe it. Well, I could. For the STRENGTH of youth right? ;)
It was a great testimony builder to me. Nothing else really matters in the end. It could all go away, but without my testimony and standards, I would be nothing :) God is all powerful and no matter how hard Satan tries, he can never break my standards or testimony :) Satan cannot touch anything that is holy ;)

*to clarify, I'm not stating that Satan did this to me AT ALL, it's just kind of a cool analogy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...