Friday, May 18, 2012

The perfect cure for a bad day








I got to go to the temple with Ashley, Makelle, Hailee, and Karly yesterday. I had been having a really bad day. I don’t get these very often at all, so I wasn’t handling it well (sorry about that Zach). I was freaking out over everything and was just acting like a crazy person (ok, I guess that’s normal). TMI time- I’m not even about to start my period or anything either!


But then Ash invited me to the temple. I had been wanting to go all week so I was all for it.
We went there and had a fun ride up and everything. The temple was very peaceful and helped me clear my mind, and take a break. The cutest thing every happened, a boy that looked around my age baptized his girlfriend, wife, something….. and then his dad (I think) baptized him. It was the cutest thing ever! I couldn’t keep from smiling! But while I was being baptized I though about how we put complete trust in someone who we don’t even know to baptize us. Ya, it’s only 4 feet of water, but still. We have no idea who they are, and they are just dunking us in this water. I don’t have one problem with it. But I thought of it like the Savior. If we put our complete and full trust in him, he will never leave our side. No matter what. Even if we are scared, or slip up, he’ll be there to catch us. The temple has so many wonderful symbols that we can interpret in our own ways. The sweet ladies who wrap a towel around you after you get out reminds me of my mom. She’s always on the sidelines waiting for me, ready with that advice to wrap me up with. You don’t have to accept it, but you’ll look stupid if you don’t ;)
But there are so many symbols and a ton more that I don’t even know about yet! But I can’t wait to find out!
Anyways, the temple was amazing as always. I even got some beautiful shots of the temple because it was cloudy and dusk. The temple filled up my spirit and calmed me down. It just made my whole day better and I couldn’t have been happier!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...