Friday, May 18, 2012

Old Missionary letters

I cannot believe that I forgot to write about this! Last week we were cleaning some things out of my basement and we found this old shoe box with my dads missionary letters. Of course we had to stop everything and look inside.
Of course they were all in a nike shoe box. That doesn't surprise me at all.
But we had a really fun time going through all of the letters that different people had written. My grandma mainly talked about the family and things she had done that week. It was funny to hear her say things like "Lindsay is getting so big" or "I get to babysit Ambrea." Those are my cousins that now have children that were as big as they were when these were written. My grandpa would send newspaper articles with BYU news and such. My uncle would write all about BYU too. We learned the starting line up in 1983 and how much BYU beat Utah by and all the reasons behind it. Hahaha it was extremely entertaining! We couldn't get enough.





But, our favorite ones to read were from my cousin Shanna. She's the oldest cousin and was between 8 and 10 when my dad was gone. My mom told us that they were besties. I thought that was really cute because I didn't know that at all! She would draw him pictures and tell him all about school. She even gave him a dollar that she had earned all by herself in one of them. It was the sweetest thing ever!


Then when we went to my grandma's on mothers day we showed some people the pictures we had taken of the letters. They all loved it! We decided that we need to have a day where we sit down and read them.
But it was just fun to see how loved my dad was.

I know he was an amazing missionary and still is right now :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love running across old letters and journals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...